HSV-2 positive blood test
I recently took a STI blood panel and got a positive result for HSV-2. I have never had any symptoms. Could the test be a false positive and should I have another test done to confirm? Also I have heard that HSV-2 can be on the genitals or mouth, so if I don't have any symptoms anywhere and I am just a carrier, can I pass this to someone else by kissing or oral sex?
I can best help you if you call monday and get the actual numeric results of your test - ie hsv1 igg 4.4 and hsv2 igg 2.9 or whatever they are. then I can see if you were properly tested and if you need additional confirmatory testing done or not.

grace
Well, I took a chance and callled this morning and found out they are also open on Saturday. So I went and got my test results. My number is 2.66. Not what I wanted to see.
if that is your hsv2 igg, it's a low positive and needs confirmed with additional testing. A herpes biokit or a herpes WB are the best 2 choices to confirm it with.

grace
What exactly does a low positive result mean? Should I wait any amount of time before I get re-tested? The test they did was HSV2 IGG HERPESELECT TYPE SPECIFIC AB from Quest. If they do the same test on me again, will I get the same result? The only place in my area I found to do testing is Planned Parenthood. Can I get those other tests done there? If not, do you know where I would go to get them? I have no insurance and no doctor that I go to. Sorry, I have so many questions!!!!!  Thank you so much for your help!
I finally got in touch with my ex boyfriend yesterday to let him know what was going on. He's also not had any signs or symptoms, but he said he would go get tested too. His results may also answer some questions for me.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Confusing-Igg-Test-Results/show/771141  is a prior post by HHH that explains the need for additional testing nicely.

You've never had any symptoms so it's well worth confirming your status. Your partner also will need to get a blood test to see what his results are too.

grace