Herpes Expert Forum
HSV 2?

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

HSV 2?

About a week ago I discovered a few unexplained bruises on one of my outer thighs. After the bruises went away my outer thigh started tingling and felt a little numb, which started 4 days ago. After the tingling went away I discovered a few clusters of red bumps on my upper outer thigh and another about an inch or two above my knee. The bumps themselves don't hurt at all but seem to be getting more red over time. The muscle at my upper thigh is tender and sore to touch.

I haven't been sexually active in over a year and I've never had any sort of outbreak before. About a year ago I did have a blood test for HSV and I tested negative for type 1 and I had a low positive for type 2. (Igg index was 1.14). I didn't have any additional retesting completed afterwards.

I did feel slightly feverish earlier this week but other than that I had no other issues I believe. I would like to note that I did start a new medication about a week ago.
I think you  should have these bumps evaluated as soon as you can get in to have them looked at it.  They could be herpes (yes, it shows up there sometimes) or it could be a reaction to your new meds.  But the sooner you are seen the better.  

If it isn't herpes, I would strongly suggest that you get a confirmatory test for your herpes.  Find out what is really going on there.

Terri