Herpes Community
HSV I & II IGG IGM Test came back borderline

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I just had a test of:
HSV I IGG 1.6, IGM 0.1 (0.9-1.1 Borderline)
HSV II IGG 1.9 IGM 0.91 (0.8-1.1 Borderline)

I got a small red patch on my head of penis right outside the urethra, It began on the 7th. It became redder but it doesn't have a white spot. It forms a ring around my urethra around 0.2 cm. I have very minimal whitish discharge which I won't notice unless I look for them, didn't hurt when I pee, there is slight swelling in that area, but the redness is sensitive and hurts if I touch it. It also hurts if I have residual pee as it is directly outside my urethra.

My doctor suggested I go take the test and I did on the 10th. He also prescribed me Herclov twice a day and Zoter Ancyclovir Topical up to 5 times a day to be applied on the redness patch. Now he said I need to do it again. Because it isn't conclusive. I live in Asia and I don't know whether this is type specific test or not, but this is the only one they offered.

What I am wondering is that, does my test shows I definitely have Herpes? What next step should I do?

FYI, now the redness is almost gone, there is only some on the urethra that is further away from the frenulum. And also I never shows up anywhere but there.
I am limited as to how I can help you with your testing since you are outside of the US.  

how long prior to your testing had you last had sex?

your symptoms don't sound at all like herpes going on. I'd see a dermatologist for your symptoms at this point.

grace
hi grace,

first of all, thanks for replying.

The doctor who recommended me to test it was actually a dermatologist.

Last time I had sex was on new years eve with a girl friend which I haven't seen in quite a while, so I can't 100% vouch for her.

I didn't get the chance to go to the doctor again as I am on a business trip now, It is mostly gone, no more redness or tenderness, just a hint of spot that is a bit more shiny than the rest of my head of penis. Just like a new shiny skin.
you need to repeat your herpes testing 3 months from now since you just recently had sex. it was too early to confirm the low positive hsv2 igg result you had.
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers