HSV IgG Negative for I and II, IgM less than 1:10 (negative)- but detected
I work in the medical field and went recently for my annual GYN appointment, I asked to be screened for everything just to have the testing done. I have not had any known sexual exposures to HSV, but due to my job I am constantly exposed to shingles, chicken pox, among other things. My last sexual encounter was at least 2 months ago, with a long-term monogamous partner. My GYN seems to believe it is a false positive of the IgM, but wants me to re-test in 3 months, but I can't wait that long as my insurance runs out in a month. Is the false positive the most likely scenario? Because if I had been exposed to HSV - it would be IgG positive by now, right?
The herpes igm test is a greatly flawed test.  Current CDC recommendations are that it not be drawn on adults.  Absolutely nothing to be learned by a +igm herpes test and your gyn should update their herpes testing knowledge.

A negative igg 2 months post encounter doesn't really give you the final answer on your status.  Wait another month ( preferably 2) and repeat the herpes type specific igg testing to properly cover your bases.

Grace
My IgM wasn't positive. It was "detected" at less than 1:10. I will retest in one month as my insurance will be gone after that.