Herpes Community
HSV on Child Scalp?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

HSV on Child Scalp?

Hello.  This is the MOST informative site I have found.  I was diagnosed with HSV2 about a week ago.  I am a mother of a 6 year old daughter.  Of course, my first concern was I had inadvertently infected her.  That was until I read the forms of other concerned parents which stated HSV2 can only be transmitted sexually.  I felt at easy until.... I noticed these small pus filled bumps on her scalp.  Could this really be herpes???  I had a vaginal culture and was advised that I only have HSV2 and not HSV1.  Before my diagnosis, I felt like I was getting a sinus infection which I have had in the past.  After I got the results and did a bit of internet searching I seen where HSV can be in the mouth.  I noticed small red bumps on the roof of my mouth an a small bit of white pus on my tonsil.  I went to the dentist who then sent me to my ENT.  ENT advised of sinus infection, (sore throat) not HSV.  Could I have transmitted HSV2 to her scalp?  I'm worried that I do have HSV1 and may have transmitted HSV1 that I might have or the HSV2 that I was diagnosed with. PLEASE HELP.
Plain and simple, genital herpes is an STD. You have to have sex with the person to transmit it.

That being said, you should most likely find out what is causing her to have pus-filled bumps (btw, herpes lesions do not have pus in them, as pus is a sign of a bacterial infection)
Thanks.  I am so super nervous about everything since my diagnosis.  So no thoughts of it being HSV1?  There have been no cold sores etc.  The bumps are around the edge of her hair lining and maybe one or two where her hair was parted.  I just washed her hair and one of the bumps had the"hailo" effect after it burst.  Of course that scared me more.  Pretty nervous about everything right now.  
These are not normal so she needs to be seen today by her doctor. So many things this could be going on, herpes would be very low on my list especially for the top of the scalp in someone of her age.

grace
Thanks gracefromHHP that's my thoughts exactly.  However, the bumps were gone the next morning.  We both have dry itchy skin and I'm hoping it was just from her hair accessories being to tight along with the sweat & heat from her cheering this past weekend.  Every bump, pimple has me a bit nervous since this HSV thing was introduced to me.  Believe me, I'm keeping an EXTRA close eye on her though I really feel lots better knowing (from reading this site) how to live a normal live especially with kids.  After the diagnosis, I didn't want to touch her (or anyone else), or her to touch me for fear of the unknown.  Education is so important.
You don't have to worry one bit about transmitting your genital herpes to anyone you aren't having sex with!!!

grace