Herpes Community
HSV pass through him from my genitals to mouth?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I have been diagnosed with herpes in my genitals. My boyfriend of 16 months most likely has it too (waiting for blood test results now). I want to know if it is possible for me to contract herpes orally from him in the future, or if i've already had one outbreak in my genitals, will my body now have antibodies against contracting the herpes in another location on my body? For example, if he has the same herpes type on his genitals as me, and then i perform oral sex on him, can I pass the virus from my genitals to my mouth through him? If I did get the virus from him, it would have been during asymptomatic shedding, and i'm worried about catching it orally even while there are no symptoms present on him.
once you have herpes on one body part - you aren't likely to contract it on another.  Once you know your bf's status it'll be easier for the two of you to decide what precautions, if any, you need to take together.

If you haven't already - be sure to read the herpes handbook at www.westoverheights.com for more info.

grace
Hi I was just diagnosed with hsv 1 genitally about a month ago I have been with my boyfriend for four years we have never had any STDs. On a wednesday of last month he gave me oral sex and we had sex I have never known him to have cold sores or hsv 1 orally, except for about two years ago he had some kind of blister on his lip he said he never had before. Anyways its embarrassing to say but I cheated on him and had protected sex with another guy the next day and the day after that he did not perform oral sex on me but the last day that Saturday morning we had sex the condom was half way inside me after he came and I lifted off top of him. My question is is which is more likely that the other guy gave me genital herpes 1 from genital to genital or was it my boyfriend from his oral sex, like I said he doesn't get cold sores I juse need to know I am so confused. That was my initial outbreak I think that's what you call it my culture test was positive and my blood test was negative and the other guy I had sex with is saying he doesn't have herpes and he so called got a check up and he doesn't have it and my boyfriend doesn't have any symptoms either. Can you please help me out a little I'm so confused.
I forgot to say that I was sore that Saturday and Sunday and started getting symptoms Monday and went to the doctor Tuesday and was diagnosed that Friday.
has your bf had a herpes blood test yet?

grace
No he hasn't I didn't think it was neccessary because I didn't have sex with him after I founsd out about my condition the other guy was the last person I had sex with
You have no idea who you got this from so indeed your regular partner does need tested to see what his status is. Besides, the two of you can't make educated decisions about precautions until you know his status too.

grace
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers