Herpes Community
HSV1 on genitlas worse than HSV 2??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

HSV1 on genitlas worse than HSV 2??

Curious, I read all over the net that the only difference in the 2 are the locations. But I think my girlfriend has HSV1 on the genitals? We haven't gone to the doctor yet but it seems she does, her last partner admitted to having type 1. So are there any differences?? Is it less severe because its type 1? or is it the same?
If your gf has herpes - I recommend that you both read the herpes info in the herpes handbook at www.westoverheights.com. It explains the difference between hsv1 and hsv2 and why type matters when it comes to genital herpes.

Have you ever had a herpes blood test yourself?

Does she have an appointment with a doctor today to be seen? The longer you wait the less likely she is to get an accurate lesion culture and quicker answers as to what type she has if indeed this is herpes.

grace
AH ok I downloaded the book and reading it right now. Unfortunately, her outbreak is over, so it looks like normal again.. I haven't gotten tested but when she contracted it I knew and we didn't have any kind of physical contact, kissing but no type of oral sex.

I will be getting my blood tested soon to see if I have any kind of these viruses. She should be going within the week though.
Both of you finding out what your herpes status is is a good idea so you know how to proceed from here if she does have genital herpes.

grace
Thanks for the advice, I have another question, If one person has hsv1 in the genital and the other hsv1 orally, can they perform oral sex on one another without any worries?
Yup.

grace