HSV1 positive
I recently did full STD tests and got postive for HSV1

Herpes Simplex 1

Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) Types I and II Specific Antibodies, IgG
HSV1 IgG Antibody   1.39 H   POSITIVE

Herpes Simplex 2

HSV2 IgG Antibody   <0.90   NEGATIVE

All other tests including HIV are negative.

HSV1  1.39H  Is it a high number?  I have to schedule an appointment with my doctor as I did the above testing online.

My last exposure was during Nov 2008 (more than 13 months).  I did not had symptoms till Sep 2009.  I got 3 to 4 pimples like blisters on my face and it took around 3 months disappear.  I do not have cold sores or blisters in my mouth and genitial area. Now I am getting pimples on my face frequently (3 to 4 at a time).  It takes few days to go away.

HSV2  < .90.  Is it possible for this number to increase?  My gf tests are negative for all the tests.  In future I will not go out for sex.

What should I discuss with my Doctor and what treatments are available for HSV1 ?

most adults will test + for hsv1 whether they can recall obvious cold sores or not. Your hsv1 is a low positive but since most adults do have hsv1, it's up to you if you feel that it's worthwhile repeating it at some point or not.  http://www.ashastd.org/herpes/herpes_learn_oralherpes.cfm  is a link for terrific reading on hsv1 orally for more info.

oral herpes would not cause symptoms for 3 months. odds are you have something else going on that a dermatologist can follow up on for you since it appears to be a continuing problem.

grace
Hello Grace,

Thank you very much for your reply and for the link.  I will also consult Dermatologist as suggested by you.

Thanks for your time.