Herpes Community
HSV1&2 Results HELP, what does this mean?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

HSV 2 IGG, Herpeselect AB::::::::::::::RESULTS ARE <0.91 :::::::::::REFERENCE RANGE = 0.00 - 0.90 ISR

HSV 1 IGG, Herpeselect AB::::::::::::::RESULTS ARE <0.91 :::::::::::REFERENCE RANGE = 0.00 - 0.90 ISR

THEN IT SAYS THIS FOR BOTH:

This assay is type specific and will differentiate between HSV-1 and HSV-2 infections. A single positive result only indicates previous immunologic exposure and the level of antibody response may not be used to determine active infection or disease stage. The test should be repeated in 4-6 weeks when negative or equivocal results are obtained in suspected early herpes simplex disease.

less than 1:10 is negative for both herpes. You need test again after 3 months post exposure because antibody take times develop in your blood.
your tests are negative for both hsv1 and hsv2.

why did you get tested?  how long prior to testing had you last kissed someone or had sex?

grace
OMGosh, I did not know you guys had answered me, Thank you very much for the quick replies. I have gotten  tested because I've been having some crazy burning sensations along with some pimple like bumps that are small and grow to the standard size of pimples that do rupture and crust over. This started off to what looked to me like a cold sore. I feel burning on my scrotum testicle area, I feel burning on and around my lips, and upper lip. I wake up with huge bags under my eyes at times, it hurts to walk because I have burning inside and around my buttocks and when I feel around, I can feel small pimple like bumps that burn which I can't see because they are out of my visuals. Sometimes I have eye irritation and I sometimes notice white tiny flaky spots stuck at the very ends of my eye lashes that can flake off like dandruff. For some reason I have been noticing more oily skin then usual on my forehead and areas where theres a lot of tiny bumps that are starting to grow. I have had lots of small itchy bumps on my forehead for over a month now, but some do get bigger then others. The doctor has given me amoxicillin and another med that I think was called bactrim, both did not help.
at this point you need to continue following up on this with your provider. most of your symptoms have absolutely nothing to do with herpes.
My results for hsv is:

Hsv 1 >5.00
Hsv 2 < 0.90

What does this mean?
Please help!!
My results for hsv is:

Hsv 1 >5.00
Hsv 2 < 0.90

What does this mean?
Please post your own thread for best help. This means you have an oral HSV1 infection from your youth and may experience cold sores on your lips from time to time, or may be not at all.
Thankyou