Herpes Community
HSV2 Daily Supressive and Triggers
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HSV2 Daily Supressive and Triggers

I was curious since I have been taking Valtex as a daily suppressive if the classic triggers would not reactivate the virus? Meaning, they say nuts are number 1. Before I was on the pills I am not sure if this was a trigger or not, think stress was my main one, coffee never did a thing. Now being on the pill I am scared to have anything with nuts in it and its driving me crazy worrying about what I eat. Will being on the pill stop these triggers?? I am on Valtrax 1 gram a day. Thanks.
Tags: triggers, hsv2
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
most folks don't have any consistent triggers.  the vast majority of folks never have food triggers for genital herpes so no reason to think twice about eating ( other than a good healthy diet! ).  

suppressive therapy with valtrex reduces ob's and shedding significantly - it's why we recommend it :)  Really, be more surprised when you have recurrences on suppressive therapy, not be worrying about what might cause one :)
Blank
I have had the same wonders. I have been taking Valtrex as a suppressive therapy since August 2013 (when I was diagnosed) but my body seems resistant to it because I still get frequent outbreaks. My doctor seems to think there is something going on with my immune system, which has me completely freaked out. I think, maybe Valtrex doesn't work for everyone or maybe I just have a lot of the "outbreak triggers." I'm so frustrated. I just started taking L-LYSINE along with the Valtrex so hopefully that helps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...