Herpes Community
HSV2 UgG 1.41??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

HSV2 UgG 1.41??

Hello Everyone.....24m here////
Like many on this site, I got my routine STD at my checkups...... I was in a monogamous relationship for almost the entirety of the past year, with two other partners after I broke up w/ my girlfriend. I've only sex with two of my ex girlfriend.. The last time I had sex was 2 months ago.

Now I got the phone call which shattered my life yesterday. The woman on the phone told me I had low vitamin D. My cholesteral was fine..... oh and by the way.. I tested positive for Genital Herpes!!
I almost had a heart attack right on the phone.
This was before I started doing ANY reading about this. Now I already was flipping out because this is the worst news I could have heard besides being positive for HIV (in my mind). I couldn't possibly believe this was happening,

I immediately ran to the doctors office for a re-test. This must have been a mistake. I got my 2nd blood test yesterday, awaiting results anxiously.....

Now I was losing sleep over this, literally, reading all night about how my life would pretty much never be the same, never having a one night stand again, feeling guilty for potentially having passed it on to innocent girls after catching it from my (turned out to be) promiscious ex girlfriend.

So I called the doctors office, in hopes that maybe they gave me the Herpes Select test, and MAYBE by the grace of god, I fell into the area that was a likely false positive....

I am still hopeful. I have never had ANY symptoms....... Cold sores, on the mouth, genitals, or otherwise.
As of October 2012 I was 100# clean. Not exposed to either HSV 1 or HSV2. Completely clean.

Now I got the #'s and test method over the phone this morning, for the first test I got!! A reminder: It's been 2 months since my last sexual contact with anyone.

Herpes Select test
hsv 1 - IgG > 5
hsv 2 - IgG = 1.41

I now have both strains of herpes. They are new. And I think I got them from my ex girlfriend.... I hear that low positives for HSV 2 is a good sign. Especially since its been almost 3 months since possible exposure.

I am awaiting the results of the 2nd blood test. however, I am under the impression it will be the same testing method for the 2nd test- the Herpes Select Blood test.

What should I do? Wait for the results? Or insist on a BiokitUSA or Western Blot test?

PRAY FOR ME PEOPLE!!! I pray to god this is a false positive for HSVII

Also... if it matters, I live in NYC.
Can a Western Blot test be done in the city? or does it always have to be mailed to Washington?
I am worried that a 2nd Herpes Select test will show the same (hopefully) false negative....
Okay so after some more reading, people here recommended the Montefiore Center for STD Excellence, where they do a Biokit test. Would a negative on the Biokit definitively trump the positive I got on the Herpes Select test? Or would I need a Western Blot for a DEFINITIVE confirmation?
How much more accurate is  a Western Blot vs a Biokit?
Thanks to all who read, and can offer some help/advise
Ok well since Nobody wants to answer me, I'll keep updating in case someone else is in the same boat as me:
I called
Dr. William Jimenez
470 West End Ave.
New York, NY 10024
(212) 724-6780
He offers the Biokit test, but charges $150. I am waiting until the Montefiore clinic opens in the Bronx, to see if I can get the same test, but cheaper.

Now hypothetically speaking: Assuming I pay the 150 for the Biokit test. And it by the grace of god comes up negative. I'd have a HSV-II iGg  of 1.41 and a negative biokit. Does that mean I am HSV-II negative??

OR will I have to shell out another 150 dollars to be SURE with the WEestern BLot? If that is the case, I should skip the Biokit completely???

Please someone advise me!
Okay- its $50 at Monefiore STD center for Excellence. I have an appointment for Monday at 2.... I don't know how I am supposed to sleep until then....
I'm supposed to get my 2nd Herpes Select blood test results tomorrow also.....
Assuming those come back negative (fingers crossed), should I ignore the earlier score of HSV II - 1.41?
Assuming both Herpes Select tests give me a low positive, and a Biokit says negative, can I safely ignore the first Herpes Select positives?
Someone answer me!!! I can't talk about this with anyone I know in real life until I am 100% sure and this is really starting to take a toll on my mind
Is there anybody out there?
Sorry for the delay. Your definitely positive for HSV-1 like most of the adult population, but HSV-2 could be a false negative since it's rather low.

You are doing the right thing by getting tested at the three month mark, which is what we recommend for optimum accuracy for HSV tests.

The Biokit or the Western Blot are both equally good, and these will confirm your status. If your Biokit result for HSV-2 comes back negative then you're negative. To answer your question, yes you should ignore the low positive first test if the Biokit comes back negative. Biokit will provide you with a conclusive answer.
***EDIT*** (FIRST SENTENCE) : You're definitely positive for HSV-1 like most of the adult population, but your HSV-2 result could be a false positive since it's rather low. ****EDIT****
actually the testing you just had done this week was also done too early to confirm your status.  

you also have to wait at least 4 months post encounter to confirm low positive hsv2 results also.

grace
I shelled out the extra 100. BIOKIT CAME BACK NEGATIVE!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!! IF THE GLOVE DOESN'T FIT, YOU MUST ACQUIT!!!!

God knows how many people got a low positive, and lived the rest of their lives thinking they had it, and even goes so far as to finding a partner that was positive, and getting it on purpose.

The Doc said at 12 weeks, the biokit is pretty much a sure thing. It's been 12 weeks since I had sex.