Herpes Community
HSV2 misdiagnosis?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HSV2 misdiagnosis?

I recently developed red spots and blistersaround my vagina and anus.  My OBGYN said it looked like herpes.  He did a culture and bloodwork.  The bloodwork came back negative (.15), but the culture came back positive.  I've read that on the first outbreak, which this would be mine since the bloodwork was negative, usually last 2-4 weeks.  Mine was gone in 1 week using Valtrex 3 times a day. Also my boyfriend was tested and all his tests came back negative.  Is it possible that I have been misdiagnosed?  If so what else could it be?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
what testing did your bf have?

when was your last partner prior to your present partner?

was your herpes culture + for hsv1 or hsv2?

grace
Blank
BF Had the same string of STD tests I had, he also had the culture and bloodwork for herpes.  I do not have the specifics of his testing yet, only that it all came back negative.

My bloodwork was for HSV Type 2 IGG AB.  Not sure about the culture, he just referred to it as the culture and I have not received a copy of the results yet to give an exact.

My last partrner was in 2003.  
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
well of course his culture will come back negative if he had no symptoms.

ask him to call monday and get the results of his herpes igg blood test to write down to give to you to post here for me to look at - e.g. hsv1 igg 4.3 and hsv2 igg 3.2 or whatever it is.  

Blank
We went to see his doctor today.  Apparently his doctor only did the culture and all other STD bloodwork, but not the HSV2 bloodwork test.  He had more blood drawn today..will take a few days before the results are back...if his blodwork comes back negative is it possible that I have had HSV2 for some time dormant and not known about it?  I have never had anything like the outbreak I just had ever!  Not a pimple or a rash or anything abnormal...not even a yeast infection?!?!
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
wait for his blood test results and we'll go from there. post them when you get them.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...