Herpes Community
HVS 2 in a blood test?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

HVS 2 in a blood test?

So about 3 months ago, my significant other had sex with one of her friends.  She just got a call about 4 days ago saying that she needed to get tested.  The girl that my significant other had sex with was just diagnosed with HSV 2.  She went and got a blood test and got her results back saying all negatives, 0.00. She is totally paranoid and doesn't know if she should believe the test or not.  How long does it take for herpes to actually show up on a blood test? Most of the reading I've done says anywhere from 2 weeks to 4 months, so she is thinking that she was tested too early.  Please help..
her testing was fine as long as it was iggblood testing.  no reasonto doubt it or repeat it later.

grace
thank you so much for answering...so just verifying again, there's really no way that 3 months wasn't a long enough waiting period for the antibodies to show up.  I'm just trying to sort out wrong from right in all the information on the internet cuz her doctors were not very helpful at the time.  Of course I just want to make sure she's ok and can relax a little bit more now.
the risk of contracting hsv2 from a one time encounter is low in general.  since her testing is negative, she would've had a very classic and obvious ob if she had contracted it which she didn't so no reason to doubt her testing one bit.

grace
phew...thank you again, I definitely appreciate it and I know that she will be happy to hear some kind of reassurance from someone who isn't me.  Its the best news I've heard all week.  Thank you again.  <<<Truly grateful.
that's why the forum is here :)  
Well I may have kind of a dumb question.  What would be considered an early suspected case of hsv 2? Like a few weeks?
she would've had symptoms within 2-20 days after the encounter.
I'm sorry I just have one more question...How likely is it really to get HSV 2 in your mouth from oral sex?
very low risk.

she also would've had symptoms of that by now too.
ok that's really all i have for now...again thank you so much for your help :-)