Herpes Community
Hair follicle?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Hair follicle?

Whats up guys. I am just curious and a little nervous about something that showed up. I have a tiny red bump on the lower shaft of my penis. There is still hair around the area that I have it which indicates that it is probably an inflamed hair follicle. I have researched it alot and it seems to be an inflamed hair follicle but I just want to make sure. It does not hurt and/or itch whatsoever. The last time I had sex was about two months ago and I have used a condom every time that I have had sex. I just want to rule out herpes on this one. I have read that Herpes is a cluster which I do not have  I talked to my friend and he said that he had a rash of red bumps with similar symptoms to mine and the doctor told him that they were inflamed hair follicles. He said it is due to shaving and other things (I shaved recently as well). I also run track and wear compression shorts a good amount and am sweating down there everyday if that makes any difference. If you can help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks
no herpes doesn't appear as a cluster all the time.

you should be seen and get a proper exam done if you are concerned that this is more than just a hair follicle issue.

grace
Thanks. I am not really concerned. No symptoms I have match herpes at all. I also know my last partner and know her past history with sex. I also wore a condom which should rule out contracting herpes on my actual penis wouldn't it?
No.  Condoms only protection about 30%.  If she had an outbreak on her legs or what have you and your skin came into contact with it you could have transmission.
I actually know the girl pretty well so I asked her and she looked at me like I had two heads and told me that she has never had any sort of outbreak and just got out of a 4 year relationship. I also put neosporin on it and it seems to be fading. It is not a blister or a sore (just a reddish/pinkish almost skin colored dot), there is no sign of pain or itching and it is not oozing. I also read that a first sign would have come within 3-14 days. I am definitely a hypochondriac when it comes to things like this and there was nothing that appeared within the next few weeks or even month. Sorry I know I am crazy but i just want to be sure with this one.
Chances are if it don't hurt it ain't herpes.  Be seen for a proper work up.