Herpes Expert Forum
Hard bumps

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Hard bumps

I need some advice. I keep getting these hard bumps around my lips. Sometimes hydrocortisone stops them fom getting bigger. It stops them dead on. Sometimes when i dont feel one coming and it gets through its real hard. If I apply pressure to squeeze it like a pimple it swells up and gets harder and takes about a week to go away. It scabs up and I have to wait to the scab falls off. It doesnt have a discharge it acts like a pimple but heals slower.

I get them on my back,legs and arms. They are softer on my legs. There different depending on the part of the body. On my but they leave a scab but it last for 2-3 weeks.

I think this is different. On my fingers I see clear like bumps or bubbles. If I bite them with my teeth they pop hard from the pressure. A clear fluid comes out and it dries up. It doesnt scab but dries and heals with the dry skin peeling then new skin replacing it.

What is wrong?
I can't tell you what is wrong, but you are posting on a herpes message board, so you must think this has something to do with herpes.  Have you been tested to see if you have herpes infection?  Has anyone diagnosed you with herpes?

Terri
No not yet. I want to take an anonymous test. Any recommendations?
you can try healthcheckusa.com or tstd.org - these do testing with an office visit.  You are looking for type specific IgG antibody testing for HSV 1 and 2.  But remember, these tests will only tell you if you are infected or not, not whether these symptoms are herpes are not.  A visit with a good clinician would certainly be useful for you in sorting out these particular symptoms.

Terri
So can those hard bumps be a herpe?  I had one two bumps show up on my neck recently.  I treated it like a pimple, but they never seemed to pop.  It didn't itch like a herpe?  I'm taking Valtrex 1 mg per day so I hope that any herpe outbreaks would be supressed.  
Usually people with herpes do not describe them as hard bumps, no.

This is my last response on this thread, hope this has been helpful for you.

Terri