Herpes Community
Has anyone had a positive hsv2 test after receiving Gardasil?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I just recently was diagnosed with hsv2 about 2 days ago. I have a follow up doctors appointment this wednesday (may 1st). But I should probably start from the beginning. Story time! So the last time I had sex was about a year ago (Summer 2012). The reason why I say this is because during that Fall I had the strange brown discharge that was coming out and when I made an appointment with my doctor she told me it was chylamidia. While I was there I also decided to get tested for everything else under the sun, so I got swabs tested, and blood lab work done. While I was there it was also mentioned to me that I had never had the Gardasil shot and because of my age (22) it was recommended to get it, so I ended up receiving it and was told to come back in 2 months for my second shot and 3 months for my 3rd shot. Well because of conflicting reasons I ended up not coming back in until this week (October-April long time I know). Over these months just recently I noticed about 4 small skin tags on the area between my vagina and my butthole, they didn't hurt, itch, burn or anything in fact I wouldn't have noticed it until I felt it and then checked in the mirror. Anyway when I went in to my doctor for my pap I mentioned it to her and she said it did look like skin tags but that it could also be genital warts so she gave me a cream Imiquimod to put on it. After the examination I was given my 2nd Gardasil shot and also a tetnis shot. About 15 minds later I went to the lab to get my blood work done and left. About 4 days later I get the call that NO ONE wants to receive. She told me that my pap came up normal but I did come up positive for Herpes simplex 2. I was shocked. I made my follow up appointment and quickly went online to research. I just didn't understand why this didn't show up a few months ago when I last got tested. So I began researching false positive testing, and although rare I did fine some stories and some of the young ladies mentioned getting the Gardasil shot briefly prior. I heard there is no direct correlation but just wonder if anyone else has experienced this, or has been a victim of false positive testing. I am going to get retested when I go in and most likely get a second opinion from a different health care facility. So my question is how likely is this to get a false positive and should I even get retested. I appreciate any thoughts in advance.
I can best help if you post your actual herpes test results - e.g. hsv1 igg 6.8 and hsv2 igg 3.4 or whatever they are. that way I can be sure that you are properly tested and see if you need further confirmatory testing done.

grace
Thanks I will let you know after Wednesday