Herpes Community
Has sex with sex worker, now I think I have herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

It's been a couple of weeks and all of a sudden I feel itching, burning and tingling in my genitals.  I don't see any visible sores, but it has been 2 weeks and the feeling is not going away.

It was protected sex and now I am freaking out. Could the itching and burning come from my anxiety?
sounds more like a fungal infection than herpes.

grace
Could a fungal infection occur that long after the sex encounter?
you can have fungal infections at any time. typically they are an overgrowth of already present yeast but sometimes they are from yeast from other people too.
Thank you Grace.  I've actually been here before and you were extremely helpful with me.  I ended up with having nothing and my symptoms were a result of me stressing and my anxiety caused non-bacterial prostatitis.  However, my ignorance has caused me to do the same thing, but this time have completely other symptoms.  

As I mentioned, it's a bit of itchy, burning and even tingling sensation, mostly in the creases of both my inner thighs.  It has been a month since the encounter and I have been feeling this now for last 2 weeks.  Could this too be a result of my anxiety?  As you mentioned, a fungal infection?  Or quite possibly herpes???  Everything I have read mentioned these symptoms could be herpes, but does it sound like symptoms to last this long without turning into sores?

Usually these symptoms appear mostly while wearing clothing and while I'm walking, but not necessarily while in bed or sitting still like when I'm driving.  

Please explain to me if this is something to be concerned about.  I appreciate your help with this!
already said it sounds more like a fungal infection than herpes.
ok thanks.  
Hi Grace, just for peace of mind, I got tested for Herpes 2 and the results came back negative.  Although only 4 weeks in, I feel confident that it is not Herpes.  

In the last couple of days, i started applying anti-fungal cream and hope it will clear up. But is there any chance it could be either scabies or crabs?  

I just haven't had anything like this before in my life and just find it coincidental that it started feeling this way 3 weeks after a sexual encounter.  

If I try the cream for a few days and it doesn't improve, what should I look for?  Do my symptoms sound like it could be these?  And if so, what could I take over the counter to help clear these up?  

Please help....

Please help....
if you had crabs or scabies, you wouldn't be able to keep your hands out of your pants from all the itching.

have you seen a provider about this yet?