Herpes Community
Help - SCARED

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Help - SCARED

I had unprotected sex with my ex-boyfriend 11 days ago.  Before that nite I went to the gyno for irritation and discharge he gave me avc cream for a yeast infection.  Well, a few days after our nite together I had more discharge and sore vagina.  I then began to worry could he have given me something.  Well, my vagina became very sore and red. Dr gave me topical cream.  I kept checking for blisters thinking it was herpes perhaps.  But I never had the clusters white headed nothing.  So, I assumed it was still a yeast infection.  But now, my vagina is red and dark read in places, it appears to have like grooves on the lips of it.  It does not hurt to uriniate or anything, but my anus and the enterance of my vagina is hurting.  I still do not see any blisters, but there are bumps, but the bumps have been there before.  There is just dark areas and what appears to be grooves in the lips.  

I do not have a fever or anything.  The only difference I see is dry mouth...coated tongue.  And my eyes seem dry.  But I have lupus....so that may be that too.

I dont know if I should I go to ER to be looked at.  Cuz if it is then I want on meds right away.  It is the weekend so dr is closed.  
you need to be seen again and get another exam. they can retest you for yeast too.  since things are so red and irritated, if they find more yeast, at this point giving you oral medications for yeast is probably a better idea.

since it's the weekend getting seen is more difficult than usual. I suggest for the weekend doing things as simple as go bottomless whenever you can to let cool, drying air get to your genital area. you also can soak in the tubby with either epsom salts thrown in or aveeno bath ( the colloidal oatmeal packets ) to help soothe your irritated skin.

odds are that neither you nor your former partner have ever had herpes igg blood testing done. you can follow up 3 months post encounter with a type specific herpes igg blood test. also since you had unprotected sex, you need properly tested for chlamydia, trich and gonorrhea too.

grace

I am putting ice packs on the area now to try to see if that will help.  I will soak in the tub later.  I think that is a great idea.  

I am for sure calling my dr on Monday...they will need to see me for sure.  If it is herpes, it will be hard to deal with but at least I know what it is.  I can get the meds I need as well.  

Thank you for the advice.  I have a feeling he did know...he stopped calling me all of a sudden..I think he knew the whole time.  This is a very costly lesson for me.  Trust no one.  My social life will cease to exist if herpes is the case....how do you deal with telling someone that...I am not sure.  
no your social life wouldn't cease to exist because of herpes if indeed you do have it!! 1 out of every 2-3 people you know has hsv1. 1 out of every 4-5 has hsv2.  do you really think THAT many people sit at home alone every weekend because of herpes?  
Yeah your right....of course from what I am reading most of those people dont even know or care to know they have it.  You are right...I guess I am just worried right now and just need talked off the ledge.  

Just mad at him...and just upset that I am having pain and I feel stupid for doing everything I know to do and NOT doing it.  But I will have to deal with whatever it is going to be.  

I am going to go buy some Aveeno right now and take a bath.  Hope that helps.  

Thanks again...I may need you A LOT in the next few days!!!!
I think the aveeno works better if you have a glass of wine while soaking :)  
Great idea!!!
just say "medicinal purposes" as you pour it and it's ok ....he he he

Just found the oatmeal bath....going to pour the wine now.  Hope it helps with the pain......I am supposed to work a retail job tomorrow for 8.5 hours...hoping this helps so I can.
Well...today my girl part does not hurt as much and does not look as bad.  My pelvic area still hurts really bad...like cramps. And my mouth is coated still and my eyes are sticky...but that is probably not even related.

I think the bath helped a lot...i actually slept really well....and I dont hurt as bad....so thank you for the advice.

I will be going to dr tomorrow....thanks for everything so far.

stop back and let us know how your appointment went :)  hopefully you can get some better answers!