Herpes Community
Help!!! Herpes fear!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Help!!! Herpes fear!

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my question. Friday Feb 21st I made the dumb mistake of have
unprotected oral sex with a complete stranger at a porn shop. This is the first time I ever did anything like this
before. The events of this encounter are; I gave oral for aprox 2 minutes with no ejaculation. Then received oral for 3-5 minutes with ejaculation. I did not see any signs of sores on the penis nor did I see any around the mouth. I am
terrified that I may have picked up an STD with Herpes being my biggest concern. I am a married man and love my
wife very much. I do not wish to pass anything on to her. I just want my old life back.  How should I proceed with sex with her?

Please Help!
Tags: Oral, STDs, Herpes
Follow up question. What signs or symptoms should I look for within the first 2-10 days?
ejaculation has nothing to do with std risk.

since you have a regular partner, you can get tested for ngu, chlamydia and gonorrhea any time after 1 week post encounter ( make sure you get an oral swab done too ). syphilis after 6 weeks. should you develop any symptoms like painful lesions on the penis, be seen for a proper exam.  

overall the risk is very low of contracting a std. the only reason I even recommend testing is because you have a regular partner to protect.

grace
Thank for your response. I plan on getting tested as soon as possible, but again my biggest concern is hsv 1 and 2. Can you give me further information and guidance for this as well ie time frames and symtoms (symptoms). Thanks again for your help.
hsv1 is your risk from having oral performed on you. it would present with very obvious symptoms if you contracted it.  it's doubtful you contracted hsv2 orally from performing oral and we don't recommend bothering testing for it the risk is that low.
This may sound stupid on my part, but would hsv 1 symptoms show up on my penis or mouth? Sorry to keep bugging you. I'm just freaking out. I can't eat having trouble sleeping.
oral herpes is transmitted to the oral area from kissing and to the genital area when oral sex is performed on you.  

have you ever had a cold sore before? have you ever been tested for herpes before ?
I seem to remember having a cold sore when I wss a teenager ( im 44 now) and no I have never been tested for any std. A little family history both motherand step father have herpes. Step father would get cold sores from time to time.
1 out of every 2-3 people you know has hsv1 orally. it's incredibly common.

follow up on the testing I suggested at the proper times. should you notice any obvious genital symptoms,  be seen promptly.  This was low risk but not no risk and I only recommend testing to protect your regular partner.  
Thank you I will.
Sorry to bug you again. Its been about seven days since exposure. I have developed a kinda sore spot in the rihht side of my throat. I cant see anyhing and it doesn't seem seem to hurt anymore or less when I swallow. It just feels like a dry spot when I swallow. I do not have any other symptoms. From the discription could this be an std or am I just freaking out over every little thing?
not likely std related. see your provider for a proper exam and a throat swab.