Help me I am scared
Hi. Early October after unprotected sexual intercourse (to which I too two doses of morning after just a couple days apart) I experienced dryness...then intense itching but only at night and then I looked in the mirror and noticed everywhere I itched I had circular red spots...inside my labia. I went to the gyno and she prescribed me vaginal infection pills...which worked BTW but also gave me a host of STD testing to visit a lab. I recently took the STD testing...almost two months after due to financial constraints and tested positive for herpes I igg and a .90 for herpes II igg. I am wondering what does this borderline positive result mean for me. Also I presently ...and at time of testing have a lymph node at the right side of my groin, firm and about the size of a pea. Questions are if these are symptoms that I'm showing how come the II igg test isn't more positive and also with such a low test rating is it possible I could have still infected my sexual partner before I got the dryness itching etc. That is assuming he wasn't the one that gave it to me in the first place
Also I never experienced pain...only if ueine ran over the red spots and I also had longer white fleshlike spots around my anus (yes it itched first)and I experienced pain but only during bathroom activities as I guess "expansion" occurred
most adults will test + for hsv1. it's very common.   your hsv2 igg is negative though you tested a little early.

has your current partner been tested to know their status?  Are they the partner from the october encounter?

your gyn properly tested you for yeast or just did a looksee and said yeast when you were seen?

grace
Hi thank you so much for taking time to reply. My encounters with the individual started around the ending of August, throughout September and the ending of September is where I got the symptoms. Are you sure its negative sweety? Because isn't .09 borderline positive. And wat abt my symptoms? Don't they give it away and make it positive? Btw I was not tested for yeast she just looked.
Oh and no I told him go tested this week. Is it true that if he tests positive hez the one that has it
the equivocal result range is actually negative. the reason they have it is so a provider should think  about repeating testing later if the testing was done early.  

if your partner tests negative, I wouldn't even bother with more testing. if they test + for hsv2, make sure they stop by here to post their test results in their own post so I can help them with them and then you should repeat your hsv2 igg 4 months post encounter to err on the side of caution.
Ok thanks so I'm good for atleast now but then if I don't have herpes wat cud make my rating as high as .90 and wat r these weird things that are happening dwn there. I also came back negative for syphillis, HIV, chlamydia
you never get a zero on the test. nothing to worry about from your results at this point. follow up on my suggestions.
Hi. I've really appreciated your help through the past few days. It was awesome having someone to panic to who was qualified to answer my concerns. I visited my gyno today...she did say I had to Retest in 6 months but we also came to the conclusion it wasn't a yeast infection it was an outbreak I had and I now have a swollen lymph node. I'm coping pretty well as I was assured by her that herpes is very prominent and from my online research it is nothing but "an annoying skin condition". The only hard part I forsee is in dating but atleast I have a reason not to open my leg so easily and a foolproof way of finding close enough...true love. I'm at peace now though...thanks
Bump