Herpes Community
Help please

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Help please

Hello first off I want to say you guys do a great job with this site and trying to help everyone out.

Well here it goes about a year ago I noticed a small rash on the underside of my shaft that was red and raised slightly (just to let you know I have not been sexually active for over a year before the rash came). The rash never turned into blisters or anything like that just was very small and almost looked swollen after I masterbated. The rash is always in the same spot and never seems to leave. Even if it's not swollen it's still always red in that spot and seems to always get worse when I masterbate. I also do get cold sores around my mouth but they always turn into blisters and then scab up with this rash on my penis there is no scabbing or dry skin so I'm confused of what it could be. Sometimes the rash itches slightly but I also think that could be do to my aniexty thinking about it. Could you please help me out.
have you been seen and had this looked at?

have you ever been tested for herpes?

grace
I did go to the doctors and he said it was not herpes and that it was just irritation but I was never tested the reason that I think it's just irritation is because the rash never truly goes away. Does this sound like herpes to you? And thanks for your response Grace
This doesn't sound like herpes especially since it didn't appear until a year after your last sexual encounter. Herpes is typically multiple painful fluid filled blisters on the genitals. To answer you question, it doesn't sound like herpes. It could be lichen planus if it's been there and hasn't gone away for at least a few months or it could be simply irritation.

Your oral HSV-1 infection protects you from getting genital HSV-1, but you in the future you are still at risk for HSV-2. You can still be tested for HSV-2 to know your status for peace of mind.