Herpes Community
Help

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Help

Winter 2009 I Had a wash on my ARM that looked like scabies. Doctor Said, skin infection, Gave cream and it went away. Well since then I have Had the same "rash" 4x. Third time, Doctor swabed it, came out as hsv2.  Gave me a cream. Helped, but lost it and now the outbreak us back. Its driving me nuts, what kind Of side effects are there? I have been feeling Extremely tired, nausious, emotional...etc. WTF??
the topical creams for herpes aren't all that helpful. you should be using oral herpes medications - acyclovir, valtrex or famvir. give your provider a call, let them know the rash is back and ask them to not only call in a round of herpes antivirals to treat this but also with plenty of refills.

keep the rash covered either with a bandage or clothing until it heals to prevent transmission to others.

do you have a regular partner for sex?

grace