Help
I am a 20yr old female
I got a phone call about 48 hours ago from my doctor saying that I have herpes. I went in for a bad yeast infection and she gave me medication for that and then a week later I am told I have herpes. Being as I am 33 weeks pregnant I am freaking out. I'm sorry I forgot what kind she said it was I was in shock when she called. Because there are so many ways to get it. All I know is its vaginal herpes. Sorry if I sound uneducated I just never thought I'd get herpes is all, let alone while pregnant.
I am so scared for my unborn son.
Does my unborn son have it?
Can he get it?
Should I just ask for a c-section so he's not at any harm?
Can the hospital test him once he is born for it?
What precautions need to be taken from here on out?
Would my partner have it since we gave had unprotected sex before we found out I has herpes?
If my baby has it what do I do? How do I take care of him?
Can I breast feed with herpes?
What passes herpes?
How can I protect my son from getting it?
I read that you shed herpes? What does that mean? How often does it happen? Does it happen every month like a period?  
Sorry for all the questions I'm just freaking out. My son still moves all the time.
I highly recommend taking the time to read the free herpes handbook we recommend in our read before posting post on the forum. there is an entire chapter on herpes and pregnancy as well as all the info on genital herpes you need to know.  

give your provider a call monday and ask if you tested + for hsv1 or hsv2. Find out if it was a lesion culture of active symptoms or a blood test. if it was a blood test, be sure to ask for the actual results to post here - e.g. hsv1 igg 7.9 and hsv2 igg 4.4 or whatever they are.

also your partner will need tested to know what his status is. it doesn't matter at this point as far as your pregnancy but it does matter as far as what precautions you two will need to discuss to take together.

did I see that you are having a c section scheduled?

grace
They said it is gentital herpes. I'm getting testing done next tues. and I didn't know there was a section to read. Sorry.
And yes I am getting one. Because I am scared my little man might get it.
if you had herpes prior to pregnancy, you only need a c section if you have active symptoms near the time of your due date. we don't automatically recommend a c section just because of herpes.

do you know if you were ever tested for herpes before this?  
Since I was little I got utis and test infections easy and when I went to the doctors durring my second trimester for a test infection she never said I had it and when I went in three weeks ago she said I did. I asked her if she could tell how long I've had if and she said that they are unable to tell. So I have no idea to be honest.
I'm just scared that my son will get it if I do a vaginal birth, and if he were to get it I'd feel like I'd be taking part of his life was because font u have to tell the schools and dare cares that he has it and isn't it true he wouldn't be able to do contact sports?
if you had herpes prior to pregnancy, no obvious lesions at the time of delivery and it's a less than 1% chance on average of transmitting herpes to him during delivery.

what testing did they actually do on you?

has your partner been tested yet?

if your child would happen to contract herpes from you, yes they can still play contact sports and no you don't have to ever inform any schools about it.

They did a swabb test in my vagina for a test infection because I though I had one and she game my medication for it and a week and two days later she said I have genital herpes :(

That's puts my mind at ease alot knowing I don't have to tell schools and he can play sports. I don't want to take anything away from him.  

And my partner is getting tested after thanksgiving because we are out of town.
also check at your next appointment to see if you were ever tested before for herpes.

if you acquired hsv2 during your last trimester, a c section is recommended regardless if there are obvious genital symptoms or not.