Herpes Community
Help
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help

I "hooked up" with a guy on Tuesday night who has herpes. He didn't have any active sores, but I know you can still get it even if there aren't any signs of it. We didn't have sex but there was some genitals near genitals unclothed "frottage" (gross word), naked outercourse, whatever you want to call it. I did think I was being careful to make sure my "important parts" weren't touching his, but I was drunk and can't really be sure. Finally, the question: what are the chances that I contracted herpes from this situation - low enough that I shouldn't be freaking out as much as I am, or reasonable?

Other relevant details: I have lichen schlerosis and use clobetasol and estrace on a weekly basis; I kind of have scratchy/stubbly pubic hair right now; and there is pain in my pubic mound - I can't tell if it's just sore from something else or a precursor to an outbreak (I hear it can feel like you're being pinched, which is essentially just a painful feeling, right?). I am really scared - I already have enough sexual dysfunction in my life, I really don't need this.

Thank you.
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Sorry I meant to post this to herpes expert forum. Thanks.
Blank
1549204_tn?1353365273
You can get it with any skin to skin contact.
Blank
Thank you for responding but that doesn't really answer my question. How worried should I be?
Blank
If you didn't have intercourse with him and he had no active outbreak, probably not very likely.
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
can you contract genital herpes from naked skin on skin contact? yes you can. should you be worried about it occurring? no you should not. It's a possibility but not a realistic risk.

I wouldn't bother with any testing from this encounter at all.

do you plan on continuing to be involved with this partner?

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank