Help!!
I had one sexual encounter last month. I rubbed my penis (Urethral Part) on her back without condom on my penis. Prior to penetration (but my penis did touch on her private part), i had ejaculated with condom on my penis. After that encounter, I was diagnosed with NGU (as I was having tingling and itchness on my penis tip but no discharge and dysuria) and took 2 weeks antibiotic to clear it up.

Now I m scare of herpes and HIV that I may be contracted during that encounter as I keep on having symptoms (such as numbness in both my hand and feet, dizziness, inflame tonsil, muscle weakness and my penis tip still very sensitive).

I would like to know my risk of contracting herpes & HIV and the aforesaid symptoms do they sound like HIV/Herpes?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Morning Grace, I would like to have your comments on my issue above.
Thank you
Can any one give his/her comments on my problem as to ease my pressure and worries. Thousand of thanks.
no reason to think hiv since you used a condom.

this also doesn't sound at all like herpes.  did they do urine testing to diagnose ngu?

grace
No urine test was done. The doctor only did physical examination n said to me is ngu. After taking 2 weeks antibiotics I did feel improvement / better andthe symptoms gone.

Today I notice a single red bump inside my urethra and it makes my penis feels uncomfortable in particular after urination. I m scare this is herpes urethritis. Will have appointment with dr tomorrow as to find out what is it?

Do u think I need to go for herpes test?
Grace, need ur thought on this.. thanks
it's unfortunate that no testing was done.

doubtful this is a herpes lesion.
Grace, this morning received the HSV 1&2 igg test report (post 5 weeks of the encounter) and i was tested positive for HSV 1. The following are the results:

HSV 1: 3350

HSV 2: < 100

Reference:

250 but 500 = positive

How to interpret these results? is it reliable? I m devastated after getting these results and wanna die!!!
The reference missing:

Reference:
- below 250 = negative
- between 250 and 500 = grey area and retest needed
- above 500 = positive
are you outside of the US?

why would you want to die?  most adults test + for hsv1 whether they can recall obvious cold sores or not. it's incredibly common in all countries of the world.
I m Asian. If is hsv 1 orally is still acceptable but if is genitally it could be a disaster and I m devastated. Can I determine the type (oral or genital ) of hsv 1? Is it possible?

Doctor had checked the bump inside my urethra and found that it is a blood vessel. I still doubt on it. Life is going tough now for me. Grace, do u think the negative result of hsv 2 could be a false negative as it was tested too soon, do u agree?
Grace, I need your thought on this: by rubbing my penis on her back how high the risk of contracting herpes and HIV if no wound and lesions /blisters found during the rubbing?
I think you never had any reason for any testing.

I think you probably never even had ngu.

really, you shouldn't be worrying this much about this sort of encounter.

you have no reason to think your hsv1 isn't oral either.
Thanks for your comments, Grace.  I know you wanna calm me down by saying no risk for this encounter. This is the only sexual encounter that I had with woman other than my wife. I m not sexually active either. I m worry I may contract herpes from this silly encounter and pass it to my wife.

I m still having the symptoms: swollen tonsil for about 2 weeks, dizziness, and numbness in hand and feet constantly all the day. This really worry me, Grace.  
you don't need to think you have a std with these symptoms.
Thanks Grace for your swift reply. So at this juncture what I should do now? Should I continue with herpes test after 3 months?
i would get the testing just for peace of mind so you can move forward.

follow up on all your other symptoms with your regular provider.
Ok, Grace. Will do as per your advice. One last question, in your previous post why you said I shouldn't be worrying this much about this sort of encounter and never had any reason for any testing?

Thank you.
this was incredibly low risk .  the only reason I recommend any testing is because of your wife.
Once again thank you, Grace. You had done a great and wonderful job. Will keep you updated with my full std test once I got the results.
Update:
Besides herpes test, I was also tested negative for HIV, syphilis, hepatitis B and the tests were done on post 5 weeks of the encounter. What else the test I should repeat besides herpes? Any additional test that I should include?
you don't need any other testing since it was protected sex.
Update:

Just got the test for HIV, syphilis, hepatitis B, herpes 1&2, chlamydia.

The previous symptoms still persist:  dizziness, and numbness in hand and feet constantly all the day. New symptom: feel uncomfortable/pain when contact with cold air from air-cond, night sweat & cant sleep at night. Really worry this may be HIV infection.

Grace, do i need to take antibiotic if my herpes 1 still positive?

we don't treat hsv1 unless you are having obvious cold sores to deal with.
Dear Grace,

I got my test results, all negative except HSV1 and the figure has increased to 4500. Likewise for HSV 2 from less than 100 to 169, although it is still negative but it keeps on increasing. I m worried it may turn positive at the end. Do I need to retest?
really can't help you much with your testing since it's not a test that we commonly use here in the US.  
Can anyone give me some insights on the issue that i m facing now.

I got my test results, all negative except HSV1 and the figure has increased to 4500. Likewise for HSV 2 from less than 100 to 169, although it is still negative but it keeps on increasing.

If you were in the same situation as me, what would you do?
Dear Grace,

I m on antiviral for treating my HSV1 and how long i have to wait to get a retest for HSV 2 in order to be accurate?
are you just treating a cold sore or are you on suppressive therapy for oral herpes?

did you look to find a local herpes support group to help you find confirmatory testing locally?
Hi grace..
may i ask...if we have hsv 1 without symtom but positive, should we treated it by taking antivirus like aclovoir or just let it be until cold sore come out and treated it at that time?

and is there any way we can make our hsv 1 poz result to negative?
thank you
My doctor said that is a conclusive result and i have to get it treated as the value is extremely high now. But I dun remember I had cold sore in my childhood but I did have blister in my mouth and hand as well, however not sure that was herpes. Based on my test result with high value in HSV1 indicates is previous infection and not new, am i right grace?

If is new infection, it will not make sense a I dun have oral and vaginal sex (Prior to penetration I had ejaculation, but did touch her vaginal with condom). I m confused now and lose direction.

What say you grace?
Hi..your result is very-very conclusive.you can try to open poz.com forum to see the forum there which very kind of situation people in the world story about the hiv exposure and your exposure was very-very impossible to hiv infected.
I know my HIV result is conclusive but not the HSV 2 result. That is my main worry now.
you never ,ever have to treat herpes unless you want to. it's not a health risk to not treat herpes. doesn't matter if it's oral or genital.   since you know you've had hsv1 orally since you were a child, no real reason to treat it now. make sense?
I do agree with you, but my doctor insist to treat it as he said the HSV1 figure very high.

Does blister in mounth and hand is herpes? I m very worry about my HSV2, grace as the figure is in icreasing pattern. I dare not to retest as I dun think I can accept the fact if it turns positive. I have taken the antiviral for HSV1 about 8 days, if I want to retest for herpes, what the best timing? Have to wait for one month?
why would you retest for herpes?

doesn't matter what your blood test result is for herpes as far as treating herpes. sounds like you need a more up to date on herpes info provider at this point so you don't feel scared like this!

many things can cause blisters in the hands and mouth. no way to tell without testing if the blisters you had previously were herpes related or not at this point.