Heres symptoms but negative test results
Ok so I was almost convinced I had herpes. I had a new sexual partner and 2 days later I broke out in a rash all over my labia and had discharge. At first I thought it was a yeast or bacterial infection because I almost always get one or the other every time I have sex (especially with a condom, don't know why). However, this time I got sores all over so I thought it was herpes. I didn't have a fever or anything, but I went to the doctor where she said it looks like herpes but she can't be sure and took a culture of the sores to send to the lab for proper diagnoses. She also said I do have a yeast infection. SO she prescribed me for both Valtrex and a yeast infection. After 2 days all my symptoms went away and the sores seemed to disappear over night. 2 weeks later I got my results and everything came back negative. I'm so confused what could cause sores like this? Could it be anything other than herpes? I remember shaving my labia vigorously before having sex since I haven't had sex for 6 months but idk if that could cause this! So confused!
At this point, best thing to do is for you and this partner to both seek out type specific herpes igg blood tests to see who has what to see if you should even be concerned about herpes ornot.

if you have issues with infections from condoms, consider trying things like unlubed condoms and buying a lube that is more likely not to cause vaginitis or even trying non-latex condoms with additional lube.  The prelubed ones with spermicide on can be irritating to some women.  

grace