Herpes / Lyme Disease
I am a male, 39 years old.   I have HSV2 and my partner (female 42) does not.  I rarely have outbreaks and I am taking 1g of generic Valtrex daily as suppressive therapy.  We practice safe sex.   My partner has lyme disease.   We are concerned that may increase her risk of getting HSV2.    Do you have any insights or suggestions given our situation?  How much does the risk of transmission go up if we do not use condoms but remain on suppressive therapy?

thanks for your help.
no reason to think that her having lyme's disease is going to increase her risk of hsv2.

her risk is 4-5% /year if you just use daily suppressive therapy and 2-3%/year if you also throw in condoms ( with of course avoiding sex anytime you have anything going on genitally ).

grace
I had a follow up question.  Do you know what the risk is of transmission of HSV2, which I have genitally, to my girlfriend who does not have HSVI or 2 if she performs unprotected oral sex on me (only during non-outbreaks)?  I take suppressive therapy daily for my HSV2.  and I assume from other posts, that there is minimal risk of transmission if I perform oral sex on her.

Also, does it help prevent transmission if she takes my suppressive medication if we ever thought there was a risk of exposure ?

thanks !
HSV-2 is not much of a risk orally.  Without getting into a long discussion the best way to say it doesn't like the oral location.  The risk would come from shedding which is the same as unprotected sex using the above guidelines.  If you use a condom there is no risk at all.  

No taking your antivirals will not prevent transmission for her.