Herpes Community
Herpes, Acne or ingrown hairs

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes, Acne or ingrown hairs

I have red pimples with white heads on my pubic area that i can't decide which of the 3 above are they
i went to see a dermatologist and she said it's acne which i doubt because it's the first time i get it on the pubic area, i suffered with acne all my life but on my face
what's more confusing is that i shaved my pubic area few days before this happened and also i had a new sex partner after i shaved by a couple of days i'm really confused and i'm scared it might be herpes
please help me
They sound like they are individual and distinct bumps, which is not a typical way in which herpes sores present themselves. Further, if they have white pus that you can see on your finger after you pop them, then these are not likely to be herpes.
i forgot to mention i live in china so i'm not very confident about the diagnosis of the chinese dermatologist
Was the sex unprotected?

Where are the pimples exactly? Are they distinct red bumps with pus or clear fluid in them?
no it was safe, i was wearing a condom
but as i know herpes can be transferred through skin contact

they are under the pubic hair, they are distinct and has pus inside
It sounds as though it is just a shaving reaction which you can sometimes get,  it happens to some people even after getting waxed.  Don't try to pop them as it will only aggravate them.  Just leave them and they should clear up on there own within a week.  I am a beauty therapist, so I see this kind of reaction a lot.