Herpes Community
Herpes, Ingrown Hair, Pimple?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Herpes, Ingrown Hair, Pimple?

Hello everyone.

I'll make this as quick as possible.

I am a 33 year old male, and about a week ago I developed what appeared to be a slightly sore, red bump in my pubic region. Over the next couple of days this turned into what appeared to be a 'head' with puss in it. The center of the bump (not the whole bump) started to get kinda to the point where it looked like it was going to pop, similar to a pimple, or an ingrown hair.

I understand quite a bit about herpes, but haven't ruled that out in this case. I examined the bump last night and saw  what appeared to look like a little black mark in it, so I thought, okay, it's an ingrown hair for sure. However, today in the shower while washing, it did 'pop' and a little tiny bit of puss and blood came out.

I know this is typical of really anything like a pimple, or an ingrown hair, but it's also typical for herpes to react like this.

The reason for my subtle concern in this case, is the fact that I cannot see a hair in there at all now that it ahs popped, and I'm left with what appears to be hole in the center of the red bump now (where the puss and blood came out of)

If I really split hairs, I think I could say that this was more like a pimple than an actual blister, and the hole I'm left with really is just that, a hole... If I poke it, and squeeze it, a little more blood will come out. I'm looking for the damn hair, but it's not there!

So what I'm left with here is a red bump that now has a small hole right in the middle of it, that if irritated, can produce small amounts of blood, maybe a tiny bit of puss. I know it's a hard question to answer, or give your opinion, but does this sound typical of herpes?

Keep in mind, there is only one sore, it only hurts if I touch it, and I'm not sure if I would consider the hole that is now there to be 'ulcerative'.

Maybe I should approach this from another angle....

If you find it too difficult to give a good opinion based on the information I posted above, if this were herpes, what would now happen, or what should I look for.

I get mixed up with the small details when it comes to herpes. For example, would the whole red bump blister and turn into an ulcer, or can it be just the venter of the red bump?

Anyways, any opinion on the matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much for reading.