Herpes Community
Herpes- always playing on my mind
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Herpes- always playing on my mind

Hi,

I'm a young male with a new female partner. Anyway, after a wakeup call/scare with stds a few months ago, I've become more alert to STDs.

In this instance, before engaging in any sexual relations with my partner, we did the responsible thing and did the full std screen. Unfortunately she returned a positive for Chalmydia (not a massive deal as it is easily treatable). However, this got me thinking, does this mean she has a higher chance of having HSV?not because of the physical dynamics but the fact that she has had intercourse with someone who is obviously carrying an STD.

Anyway, I advised her to get a herpes blood test, her doctor reluctantly gave her the forms but strongly advised against it. My doctor also advised against this act. Should I create an awkward situation and push for her to get the bloodtest?

The doctor's logic was as follows 'if you have it, you are asymptomatic and we wouldn't do anything about it anyway, so why bother?'. That's great if the person is asympomatic, but what about their partners aka me!?!?

Any advice on where to go with this? Are my worries about contracting it undue?

Much thanks,
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3149845_tn?1415046551
Hi and welcome.  Did you test for herpes? Lets start there.
Blank
Previous to this relationship, yes I tested negative for herpes. Still in the 3 months for this relationship- and the 3 months keep resetting if you know what I mean!
Blank
3149845_tn?1415046551
Its best for any new relationship to test for herpes so i suggest you both test, her also. The logic here is if she has it you can catch it. But you know, when i was young dating, no one ever tested for anything and ive never had a breakout so who knows the correct answer what to do any more. Its your call.
Blank
I probably should. I get so uneasy te days following sex. Every ache is noticed and every patch of redness o served. Worst std ever.
Blank
For instance, currently have soreness at te tip o urethral tie. Instantly think of herpes!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank