Herpes Community
Herpes, or what? Pretty worried

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes, or what? Pretty worried

Recently I had a session of vigorous masturbation, the next day I noticed a small red rash like area of skin around the rim of the penis, and along the shaft.  The next day they sort of scabbed over, a little flaky skin, but no pus or tender to the touch.  I have experienced a burning sensation when urinating and deficating.  I do have very rough hands, so I'm in denial that, that's the problem.  I've had unprotected oral and genitalia sex about four months ago, and these are the first signs of symptoms I've experienced.  Please help!!
Just an update, I have been experiencing a sore throat, runny nose, common cold symptoms, and diarrhea, could that be effect the burning while going number 2? To be more accurate, the red "rash" couldn't be a classified as a sore or bump, in fact it was flat, and just a little scabbed over.  This all lasted for about a week, a little more.  Still experience burning urination, and itching around the groin, upper thighs, and pubic area.  There are somewhat of red rashes you could say in the con-joining areas on the inner crotch/pubic region.  
you need to be seen and have this looked at at this point.

have you followed up with proper std testing at the proper times after your unprotected encounter?

grace