Herpes Community
Herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes

Hi am 32 yr old female that got an outbreak of 2 blisters on my vagina they irritated me more than they were painful I went to the hospital where am assuming about a 25yr old Dr. automatically diagnosed me with Herpes she took a swab to send to be tested and told me the results will be back in 7 days but the test was just being done for confirmation she sure its herpes and gave me a bunch of refills prescription for herpes medication which I have not filled as yet. I was taking doxycycline and the blister are almost gone from start to finish this entire situation has been about 4 days am going to pick up the prescription today for the herpes meds but what is the probability of this being a wrong diagnosis I have one partner in the last six months who's swears heaven to hell he's clean he's going to be tested on Mon and I just had a FULL std screening at this hospital where I got all negative results 02/22/13 but the Dr explained the test I did did not test for herpes am completely devausted am going over my entire sexual history I have read up on herpes and have absolutely no symptoms besides the blisters please help I feel I've been given a death sentence