Herpes Community
Herpes Diagnose?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes Diagnose?

Hi I was hoping you could help me, About 4 weeks ago I had protected sex (condom) with a friend he had no signs of any STD or cold sore on his lip or any ulcer in his genitals , there was oral sex in that opportunity.
3 weeks later I had 2 ulcer like bumps in my vagina they did not burst, there was no liquid or anything like that and there was no ulcer created, there was little to none itching, no pain in when I went to the restroom nothing, I found them on  a Sunday 4 days later the "bumps" were gone, a couple of days after I found those to bumps I had 1 ulcer in my genital labia this one did pain a bit if I touched it when cleaning up or showering with very hot water, I also noticed there was some swelling on my lymph nodes

I went to my Gyn and asked her to take a look at them and she said "this looks like herpes, what is weird is that you do not show any symptoms"
She sent me some blood tests and my HSV2 tests (ELISA) came out positive
- IgG 4.8
- IgM Positive

My friend tested as well and he came out negative and he is the only person I’ve slept with in one year

At this point from all I’ve read I think I’m positive for herpes, now my question is, is there any chance that I’m being misdiagnosed? I had no symptoms and although I know some herpes carriers are asymptomatic and well that my test results are positive, I’m struggling with the idea of having herpes and this being a right diagnose.. I guess my questions are:
1 - Can IgG be shown on a ELISA test because my body is fighting another disease? (fungus, syphilis, chlamydia etc.)
2 - If I got a test when I have no symptoms or outbreak, would my IgG and IgM results still be positive?
3- How much time would you suggest before I get another test to double check my first test results?
4- If I had herpes 1 in my genitals(crossover) and I took an HSV2 test would it come out positive still? Even if the real virus was HHSV1?
1. the igg is detecting specific herpes antibodies.
2. yes with the igg, the igm is a no value as is considered flawed.
3. retesting with a 4.8 does not really fall into the false positive. The best way to confirm is next time you have a sore, have it swab and cultered within 48 hours after it appears. Swabs are very accurate for showing positive.
4.  if you had test the igg type specific it identifies which in testing.