Herpes False Positives?
I recently started dating a woman who had been married for 14 years, about 7 years ago she had a small red patch just below her clitoris that she said seemed like an irritated spot.  It didn't last long, there were no lesions, etc.  She said she has seen it only a few times since then over the past 7 years, the last one being nearly 2 years ago when she was pregnant. She recently went for a test for herpes and it came back type 1 negative type 2 positive.  The test gave no other information about index's, what test was used, but it did say "Type 2 IgG (EIA): Positive" Her doctor said that her symptoms didn't sound quite like herpes, and given that she was in a monogamous (to her knowledge) relationship for such a long period, what are the chances that this is a false positive? (The results themselves said there was a 4% chance but I'd like to be sure).  What is the most accurate way for her to go about getting checked again just to be sure (Something with a lower false positive chance than 4% would be very nice)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
She can have her provider call the lab they use and see if there were numeric values or not. If there were, you can post them here if she'll give them to you and I can take a look at them.   If not then she can confirm her status with either a biokit hsv2 igg blood test or a herpes WB.

Just because she was in a long term relationship doesn't mean that she couldn't have hsv2. Following up on this is in her best interest.

Have you been tested yet to know your own status?

grace