Herpes Expert Forum
Herpes/HPV Paranoid?

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Herpes/HPV Paranoid?

I just found the forum and I have a question.  Last May I reunited with an old friend and spent the weekend with her.  During the weekend we did not have intercourse but we did perform oral sex on each other.  A month after I found a spot on my penis and I was alarmed so I went to an urgent care to have it checked.  The Dr at the facility told me it was a skin tag and I had nothing to worry about.  I am a Type 2 Diabetic and he said that it was common for Diabetics to get skin tags on their bodies.  It was some time in late september or early october my friend called me and said that she had sex with a guy and was diagnosed with HSV2.  I was shocked and didn't think of it much it at the time.  Fast forward to 2 months ago.  I started seeing a new girl and we spend a lot of time outside together.  She noticed some spots on my back and suggested that I go to a dermatologist to have them checked. I went and I was also going to see if I could have the skin tag removed and the dermatologist told me it was a genital wart.  The issue that I am having now is with the new girl.  As far as the activity that she and I have shared its been minimal.  We have kissed and I have performed oral on her twice on two separate occasions and I inserted my finger inside her on another.  

My questions are:
1. In the absence of intercourse can HPV be transmitted through hand to genital contact or orally?
2. I recently submitted a blood test for HSV and I am awaiting the results, with the things I have listed should I be worried about transmission to my new partner through oral/hand and genital contact?
Tags: Herpes, HPV, Oral
Given your previous partner with HSV 2 (is it she or her partner who has HSV 2, I'm not certain), it is a good idea that you were tested for HSV 2.  

As for the genital wart:  was the wart treated?  was it present when you were having genital to hand contact?  My answer to this question is a little less clear.  The information is constantly evolving.  It is not impossible to transfer HPV to the hands (though it won't make a wart there).  Studies have found HPV under the fingernails, though it isn't common.  Was she the giver of oral sex to you?  

Terri
My previous partner said that she confirmed that she contracted it from a partner well after me.  She said that she called him and he admitted to having it.  They were together well after we were and she said her symptoms occurred about two weeks after intercourse with him.  She performed oral sex on me and I did on her briefly but never entered her with my tongue or finger.

I have had the wart treated but when I performed oral on the girl that I am currently seeing it was there.  She never touched my penis at all in anyway.  I did use my finger to stimulate her while performing oral sex on her.  Ive never had any symptoms of an outbreak concerning herpes.  At this point I have so much anxiety over everything its effecting my work and daily life.
OK, then you can stop worrying about getting HSV 2 if she contracted it well after being with you.  Put that worry away, at least about getting HSV 2 from her anyway.

If the current woman never touched your penis she is not at risk of getting your HPV.  How old is she, has she been vaccinated for HPV?

Terri