Herpes Community
Herpes HSV II (Without Sex)

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes HSV II (Without Sex)

I went dancing with a girl and touched her butt a few times during the night, on the dance floor. We were grinding alot, but no skin to skin contact, only hands touched. I did not touch her groin area. I then went to pee and did not wash my hands before I took out my member to use the restroom. Three days later, I have a small sorta rash on my penis, on the shaft beneath my frenulum. It looks like 3-4 tiny tiny ant bites, but no pus or anything raised tremendously. It definitely does not look like full blown herpes like all the pictures that are online. Is it possible to be in early stages? I went for a run to take my mind off of it, and it seemed to itch during the run. It maybe a self fulfilling prophecy by me thinking I have something. My understanding is that you can still get Herpes without them having an outbreak, and by me touching something on their body, I could transfer it to myself (i.e. eyes, mouth, penis). I also ran out of laundry and had to use the same pair of boxer briefs for 2.5 days. Could this have caused it? Could it be jock itch, on the shaft? Please help, I'm very concerned.
You did not get herpes from this encounter.  There has to be skin to skin contact, and for your penis to encounter the herpes virus it would need to come in contact with her skin (that is to say if she did in fact have herpes and was viral shedding at the time).  It's just like you said: a self fulfilling prophecy.  If you're really concerned about it, see your GP and/or a dermatologist.  But it may very well be from a lack of hygiene, considering you used the same soiled boxers for 3 days.  Also, keep in mind that grinding and running involves a great deal of friction, which probably caused this irritation on your penis.  
Thank you for your reply. I'm seeing the urologist in an hour. However, thank you. This website by far seems the most helpful with actual doctor analysis. There is a lot of conflicting information on the Internet. Some say contact with viral shedding could lead to one contracting on other parts of the body, if they touched other parts of their body. I will update later.

Even with the most mild case of genital herpes, would it go away after a day or so? The rash that is.
I just went to the Urologist. I'm in Brazil currently, so it was awkward. He said it was definitely a viral infection. I asked him what percentage, and he said he thinks it could be 50% genital herpes. He did say it was not typical that since it was not on the glans (glands). The tiny rash was on my shaft beneath my frenulum on the outerskin. I'm very very worried. I took the blood test, I will know in two days. I'm very very careful. I've only been with two grils and I'm 24. I've been tested before and came clean. I'm guessing it must be viral shedding after touching her butt and then going to the restroom. I really need advice. What else could be viral, but not an STD???
It's possible to contract herpes whitlow (meaning herpes on the hand) if the person in question is having an OB or viral shedding and you have an open cut on your hand, such as a hangnail or papercut.  However, you have to acknowledge the variables.  For instance, what makes you think the girl you danced with had genital herpes, and if so, was viral shedding?  Statistically that's very unlikely (1 in 5 people have GH, and only viral shed a small percentage of the time).  Also, its very very unlikely that if the virus was present, that it would survive long enough in between your hand coming in contact with the virus and touching your genitals.  

I am not a doctor, and I cannot see your symptoms, but it is practically improbable that you got genital HSV from the encounter.  It must be stressed that skin-to-skin contact is necessary to spread the virus.  Most people contract the virus via vaginal or anal sex.

However, since you were concerned, it was a good choice to see a doctor.  If I were you, I would make an appointment with a dermatologist, rather than a urologist.  Also, keep in mind that IgG blood tests for HSV 1/2 are only accurate after a certain period of time has passed since "exposure".  About 50% of infected people will test positive at 3-4 weeks, 70% at 6-8 weeks, and practically 100% at 16 weeks.  Keep that in mind when you receive your test results.

Thank you so much for your response. I'm just very hesitant now because he said it looks like a viral infection. Anyways, I will have the test results in two days. The urologist had me get both IgG and IgM tests. I'm hoping it was just irritation from wearing the same underwear for about 2 days. I'm in Brazil and its very hot and sweaty. He said that it could very well have caused the viral infection. Nonetheless, I would think it would be bacterial. His professional opinion was 50-50 that it was HSV II. I honestly hope not.
OK, so I got a second opinion with a dermatologist, thank you Leapoffaith. He examined with a microscope attached to his head. He concluded that it does not look like herpes. He thinks its just irritation from heat of Brazil. But this morning, the urologist simply said its a 50-50 chance. So at this point, I'm just waiting on the test results. Thank you for any insight you may provide.
you absolutely positively did not contract genital herpes from the encounter you described. it just doesn't happen that easy.  were you two even naked dancing????

whatever is going on it isn't herpes from this encounter. I recommend following up with a different provider and not an urologist. An urologist is not the best bet for skin rashes many times unfortunately. they are more concerned with the actual plumbing.

Also this is not the doctor's forum. you have to pay to post there. please read the read before posting post on this forum as well as the general medhelp info on the top of this forum.

grace
Grace,

Thank you for your information. It is very helpful. I'm afraid of viral shedding. Again, thank you and I will not start another thread. Sorry.
Here are my test results in Portuguese. I'm NEGATIVE! Thank you for all your help and supports.

Antiorpos IgG ANTI-HERPES SIMPLEX............NAO REATIVO
Indice........................................................0.50

Antiorpos IgM ANTI-HERPES SIMPLEX............NAO REATIVO

So, I'm assuming since I scored below .9, I'm good. Please let me know otherwise.
Herpes Simplex Tipos I e II -IGG

Herpes Simplex Tipos I e II -IGM