Herpes (HSV1) lots of question about preventing transmission
I am 19 and was diagnosed with genital herpes type 1 about 6 months ago. I was on acyclovir but stopped taking it when I couldn't afford medication. I am back on it and will be faithfully for the rest of my life. I currently though got a new boyfriend and want to prevent transmission to him at all costs. I would never want him to deal with this. I know that type 1 is way better then type 2 and I know the transmission rate from genital to genital with type 1 is a lot less likely then type 2 but I want to make it as minimal as possible. So, if I 1. Use a condom, 2. take supressive medication, 3. never have intercourse or sexual contact of any kind while I am having an outbreak or symptoms of one.

So, my questions are, is there anything else I can do to keep it so I don't infect him? Is there anytime that grinding naked without a condom would be ok? I figure no, but I mean, I don't know everything about this disease. Please, any info or help is so GREATLY appreciated. Thank you for your time.
how were you originally tested for herpes?

has your partner been tested for herpes to know his status?

we don't routinely recommend daily suppressive therapy for hsv1 genitally. It doesn't shed often and doesn't reoccur very often either. we also don't have studies that show that suppressive therapy reduces the risk of transmission to a partner either. It sheds so little, you really aren't getting your monies worth to bother taking it.

grace