Herpes I/II IgG 3.4...... Equivocal?
Last week I had a blood panel to check my cholesterol levels and requested a check for all STDs as well. My lab results came back yesterday.  Cholesterol was excellent.  No chlamydia. No gonorrhea.  However my Herpes results were equivocal....

HSV I/II IgG 3.4 (0.0-0.8 index)
HSV 1 IgG, Type Spec <0.91 (0.00-0.90 index)
HSV 2 IgG, Type Spec <0.91 (0.00-0.90 index)

Between the blood panel and results,  I began having a tingling sensation at the very tip of my penis - right at the opening.  No sores. No redness. Just tingling whenever my penis rubs against my underwear.  In other words, all of the time.  I shared this with my doctor as we reviewed my lab results yesterday over the phone.

Today I returned to the doctor's office for an additional blood test, urine analysis, and was promptly given a prescription for Valtrex. I left with my head spinning.  As for the tingling sensation in my penis, I can't stop thinking about it so it seems a lot worse.

What is the likelihood that Equivocal results in Positive?  Is this something that I've been recently exposed to?  Did it just lay dormant till now (lots of stress at work and at home)?  

My results should be ready in a couple of days..... but that's not soon enough.  And how reliable will they be?

Thanks!

the 3.4 igg result is a combined test result. you can ignore that one.  your type specific hsv1 and hsv2 results were both negative.   you never needed a valtrex prescription either.

grace