Herpes Community
Herpes II in throat

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes II in throat

I just was diagnosed with Herpes II in my throat.  I was married for 24 yrs, been separated for 1 yr, and other than my ex, only have given oral sex to one other person one time, a few wks ago.  With in a few days I began to have severe sore throat and high fevers.  This gentleman had a herpes infection in his eye many many yrs ago.  I don't know about any genital herpes, but will be talking to him today about that.  Is there anyway the herpes could have been dormant for this long from my ex?  This is the first time I have ever had symptoms like this.  Strep, mono, HIV were all ruled out.  If there is no possibility it could have come from my ex, and laid dormant for this long, I don't want to mention it to him.  Things are very volatile between us and he doesn't need to know about this.  If my current boyfriend has never had symptoms of genital herpes, is there any way it can be transmitted through semen from the infection he had in his eye yrs ago?  Thank you for your help!
I removed your other post since they were the same. your post from hiv was moved over here.

how were you diagnosed as having hsv2?

grace
Thank you for taking time to reply to me...

A viral throat culture via swabbing my throat was done.  I also had blood work done.

I spoke to my boyfriend and he has never had any type of outbreak.  We are having him tested to see if he has it with no symptoms.

MacknKeagsMom

usually oral hsv2 doesn't reoccur very often. odds are it did come from your current partner . once he gets his type specific herpes igg blood test results back, you'll have better answers.

I'll gladly take a look at your blood work to see what it shows if you want to post the numeric results here - e.g. hsv1 igg 4.3 and hsv2 igg 2.9 or whatever they are.

do you know was your throat culture + for herpes or specifically + for hsv2?
I don't have the numbers from the test results but I can call Dr and get them.  The throat swab was done to test for viral infection.  Never even considered hsv1 or 2 could be a possibility.  We had ruled out bacterial, strep and mono already.