Herpes Community
Herpes Igm Testing

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes Igm Testing

I am a little freaked out about my incident.  I got a HSV2 Igg test NEGATIVE at 20 days.  Can I test Igm to confirm that I was not exposed or is it too late ?  I am on day 21.  I know for a fact I dont have HSV 1 but have had chicken pox in the past.
You don't want to get an igm test. They are not recommended and you gain nothing from the results.  As you said, you've had chicken pox already so the results would be flawed.  Read some of the other postings here and you'll see the experts recommend the igg test.  Repeat your testing at 3 months like me!
you already have another post going. let's keep all your questions/comments/updates in that post instead of making new ones. thanks for your future cooperation with this - our guidelines for the forum are located under the important announcements tab.