Herpes Community
Herpes Question

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes Question

I have never been diagnosed with herpes but am confident I have it.  It hit me hard about 5 or 6 years ago.  I have a very stressful job so the outbreaks over the years have been bad.  I've had symptoms so bad before I thought I was going to pass out.  The first year I had about 8-10 outbreaks.  My symptoms where, small blisters, headache, would pee clear during an outbreak then when it was done would be extremely dehydrated, dizzy sometimes, hard to concentrate, forgetful, and on a few occasions felt like fainting, would have a guilty/depressed feeling right prior to every episode.  A few years passed and finally started to get less outbreaks (6-8) a year.  During the outbreaks I would have the same symptoms except the blisters weren't as bad.  After about 5 years My outbreaks where getting to about 4 a year.  Then changes in my life occurred, things got very stressful and my outbreaks went way up.  I was back to almost once a month.  I was very depressed thinking it was never going to end.  After the stress level went down and I started getting more sleep my outbreaks went down.  At the same time I had sex with someone which would be considered high risk.  The condom broke near the end of sex.  The next morning I noticed a slight burning which could have been from dehydration from drinking the night before but to be sure I went to the doctor and he gave me doxy for 10 days.  Two days after the encounter I noticed a very small red bump on penis and also noticed my penis was sensitive.  It actually made my orgasms more intense; this is the same feeling I would sometimes get when I would have a herpes outbreak( i know wierd right).  I didn't think it was herpes because it looked nothing like herpes that iv'e had.  Over the next year I would get tested for nearly every STD (chlamydia, gonorrhea, trich, syphilis, HIV) and they all came back negative.  I even got a urine culture which was negative.  Through that year I would have those tiny red dots show every now and then sometimes back to back.  They would come and go within two days.  They where like micro blisters, little red pimple looking things.  I had other symptoms as well sometimes especially after sex such as milky discharge ( but only if I squeezed it out).  I also would have soreness in my urethra which would have clear or milky discharge.  I also would feel extra tired during working out in the morning and would immediately go check myself and sure enough there would be discharge.  Once I used the bathroom, looked down and there was a bunch or clear mucus in the toilet.  Is this herpes outbreaks or could it be something else?  Do I need to get tested for Hepatitis or any other STD's?  The worst symptom of them all I believe is the fainting feeling I get sometimes.  When I get this feeling I know that if I go check there will be some milky discharge.  This has taken a toll on me and starting to effect my family and job and im very worried about my health.  I'm going this monday to get a swab done of the discharge.  What tests should I ask him to do?  I already know I have herpes so no need for that.  Does the culture test for any and all types of bacteria and if one was there they find what antibiotic treats it?  I'm not convinced that this is herpes related however I do find it wierd that I have only had one minor outbreak this past year since all this.  Either way I need help.  thanks oh and another symptom I had after the encounter was a very slight sore left testicle that got a little swollen at one point but went away.  I also developed what has recently been diagnosed as a vericocele in my left testicle.  What could this all be?  I read that it is very rare that herpes causes encephalitis but could this be a sign?  thanks in advance