Herpes Expert Forum
Herpes Risk

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Herpes Risk

Last night I made a very bad decision. I was at a strip club and I got a lap dance. During the lap dance the stripper briefly touched our vagina and then touched my penis. She also put her lips on the head of my penis but only for 2-3 seconds tops. She also gave me a hand job with using her saliva for lubrication. I don't know what I was thinking and I am hoping you can put my mind at ease. What are the chance that I could have caught herpes? When would I start seeing symptoms? Do have anything to worry about?

Thanks,

Mike
I really don't think you have much risk if any in this situation, Mike.  I can't tell you it is zero, but pretty darn close to that.  If you were going to acquire herpes and have symptoms, it would likely be within two to 10 days.  Have you ever in your life had a cold sore on your lip?

Terri
Mike, I'm pretty much in the same situation. Only advice I have is:  If you have anything suspect show up, get it swabbed within 24-48 hrs. Don't just write it off. You'll save yourself weeks of waiting later.

I agree that if anything shows up, have it swab tested.  
Nonetheless, your situation is very unrisky for HSV acquisition.

Terri