Herpes Community
Herpes/Shingles on my knee?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes/Shingles on my knee?

Since I was 14 (now 34) I have had this outbreak on my kneecap and on my butcheek, but no where else. It is only ever about quarter size, has blisters on it, red all around, my gland on the left side at upper thigh is painful to touch and there are always red streaks leading away from the blister cluster on my knee. The one on my butcheek is never as bad as the knee. I have never really had it looked at since I was 14, I believe they said it was herpes, but cannot remember. I get pain before it comes all the way down my calf and get it about 1-2 times a year max. Is it herpes or shingles and what are risks/complications? The red streaks always scare me! What can I do for it? I cannot take Valtrez, it makes me sick and dizzy.
shingles rarely reoccurs.

Have ou seen your provider or a dermatologist for this?  sounds more like a psoriasis or eczema problem than a herpes issue.  Have you ever been tested for herpes properly?

grace
I don't think it is eczema or psoriasis because it is sooo painful and makes me feel like I have the flu. I get it every year, usually when I am stressed. It was tested when I was 14 and my mom rembers them saying it was herpes or something like that.
You need to follow up on this with a dermatologist.

grace