Herpes Community
Herpes Simplex 2 Question

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes Simplex 2 Question

Thank you in advance for reading this question.  I have been seeing a woman who has herpes but I have no had any sexual intercourse with her, as I told her that I would not have sex with her unless this relationship develops, if it does.  Well really the only thing I have done is pleasure her with my hands and I would wash my hands after every occurrence however as recent as 7 days ago (the last time I pleasured her via hands was about 11 days ago) I have been having a tingling feeling in my genitals, lower back and thighs.  I know I have herpes 1, as I had a cold sore when I was very young, however I have never had a tingling feeling anywhere but my lips if I ever got stressed.  I do not have any blisters but I was curious if this is a possible chance that maybe I am just too worried about the whole thing so I may be thinking about it or if it is something that could be coming to a harsh reality.  I can admit we have cuddle together in our underwear which would make me believe she could have been shedding in her thigh area with touched my thigh area?  I am not sure.  Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Hi, underwear can be a protective barrier in the genital area but the ganglion nerves reach out through the entire boxer short area including the buttox. If shedding took place outside the protected area, then yes you could be exposed. But also remember there needs to be some rubbing and grinding to force the virus though the skin. Also if a breakout is coming it would be in one anotomic area not in all the ganglion area at one time.
So there are good chances its not the beginning of an out break for you but might be from anxiety.
She did press up on me, in the spooning formation, through out the night.  I am refreshed to hear the concept of it being in one anatomic area, because I am literally getting the tingling sensation in all of those spots.  Out of curiosity, if after pleasuring her with my hand if I would have touched myself before the hand wash could transmission take place?  I did notice that the tingling is mostly predominant when I am at home alone, giving me time to think about it more, but when I am out socializing or doing an activity that takes my mind off of it I do not seem to be bothered.  

I know I will have to wait a good 4-6 weeks before I can get the blood test as I have read but I know it is commonly known as a "rash" as well.  I do shave down in my pubic region but on my front hip area I did have what to me looks like razor burn (clearly covered by boxers).  Would symptoms of the "blisters" look similar to that of razor burn or ingrown hairs?

Thanks...
Passing by hand is rare and i would not consider it an option.
The sores many times are misdiagnosed and yes they could appear as a razor burn, But you say that area was covered so thats out. Also the blisters have a clear fluid not puss.
Its good your getting tested. 25% of the population has hsv2 and if your test is positive (which i doubt because of your clean lifestyle)  then you contracting it from her would be zeroed out and vise versa. Many people with hsv2 seek other with it as well as makes life much easier.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer the question for me.  I guess time will tell but I am going to stay positive that my over analyzing anxiety is doing it to me!

Thanks again
Another two questions has actually just come to my mind.  Would the breakout, if one occurs, take place where the virus was introduced or could if be introduced in one area but show in another?  Also, would the blisters be independent or would the blister from a hair follicle?
They take place point of contact and are independant of a hair follicle