Herpes Spread Prevention/Can you get without sex
My boyfriend has had only one sex partner before me, and he was my first.  I made him get tested for all STD's before we ever had intercourse.  We've been dating for 2.5 years no cheating, and I haven't had a cold sore in almost ten years, and he hasn't in 4 or 5, but I now have Genital Herpes according to my doctor looking at the affected groin area that had white headed blisters.  Isn't it really unlikely that I have this with no infectious genital contact (and I'm sure my partner has never cheated on me)? The lab test results haven't come back yet, should I really believe from that sight check from my doctor that I have herpes? And if so number one this sucks, and number two other than medicine how can I reduce the symptoms of this outbreak, and prevent my completely uninfected partner from getting herpes along with me? (or anyone else, I don't want anybody else to get an STD the way I got it, probably by shaking hands with someone who touched a cold sore on their face and then going to the bathroom)
how were you tested for herpes? have you received oral sex from your boyfriend?