Herpes Community
Herpes Symptoms?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes Symptoms?

Was raw, unbearably itchy, and tingling for two weeks on interior upper labia.  Went to gyn, ran chlamydia, gonorrhea, and routine pap.  Came back neg and normal discharge but slightly excessive.  Gave me diflucan and some steroid cream,  it got worse.  Went back the next week and had another exam.  This time was told it was from excessive working out with thong underwear, minor uti, etc.  given Cipro.  Two days later was worse, called and asked about trich testing.  Was given flagyl just in case and told that it was unlikely due to trich, as no color or odor to the discharge.  Itching went away barely and then one side of inner labia, really vaginal opening, noticed what could have been slightly raised bumps.  Had to really pull skin taunt to see.  Then, burning when peeing for the next three days and more discomfort abdominally.  Almost like something eating away at uterus.  Then, night sweats the last two nights....waking up in the am severely smelly from all the sweating.  Also, face and head itching abnormally.  And the most odd symptom is two, painless, swollen white lines down the interior of each cheek...Am out of town and cannot get to Dr. til next week.  Am taking Lysine as of two days ago, ambien to sleep, 1200 mg ibuprofen daily now, and finishing the cipro.  All symptoms seem to point to herpes?
Forgot to also mention, feeling feverish for 3-4 days and just today, really sore jaw?
have you ever been tested for herpes before?

do you have a regular partner? if you do, have they been tested for herpes?

grace
No, and my partner intends to test this week.  Our relationship is only beginning its fifth month.
did you both get full std testing prior to starting to have sex? if not, you should both cover all the rest of the bases too while it's all on your minds.

No, we both came out of divorces, married for fifteen years each.  He dated others before me, as he had been divorced longer.   I had not dated anyone else until him.  May I ask you what your opinion of the symptoms above is?
these could be so many things. vaginitis causes these symptoms. uti's from sex are common. herpes can cause these symptoms. at this point you both should follow up on all your testing and continue to be seen when you have symptoms. odds are that neither of you have ever been tested for herpes before this either.
Thanks.  I have never had problems with my body this way, and having been over three weeks now, the duration of symptoms and slight blistering of vaginal opening are what make me think it is an initial herpes outbreak.  
I understand that you get tons of "pre-testing" questions, understandably as I, myself, am a bit freaked out waiting for the ability to test.  My bf is testing tomorrow, but has exhibited no symptoms, and was advised  by his dr that I am symptomatic, so more likely to see a positive result,  my question is this:  I am itching all over my head and face....as if the nerve ends are tingling.  Is this a common symptom, b/c I have found almost no validated sources suggesting this as a genital herpes symptom,  curious as to your thoughts.
no, this isn't due to herpes.