Herpes Test Results
I have a question regaurding some blood test results I just got back.
My doctor told me I was positive for HSV 2.
However after looking at my test results at home, my HSV 2 antibody levels are below the range considered positive. They are in the negative range. Does this mean my doctor mis-read my test, and I am actually negative for HSV 2???? If so, why did a small amount of HSV 2 antibodies still show up, and why is this considered negative if it is below a certain number. 0.9 I believe???
My HSV 1 levels tested postive, which I knew because Ive had cold sore in the past.
what was your hsv2 igg?

grace
I believe my hsv2 igg was around .5 or .6, however i can't find my results, so I'm not exactly sure, However I do know it was below 0.9.
then that is negative.

what  caused you to get tested? was it at least 3 months after your last sexual encounter?

grace
I have been in a relationship for 5 months, and only was having sex with that person. After one night of having somewhat rough sex multiple times without lubrication, I noticed I was a little red, so I decided to go to a doctor, just to be safe. There were no visble bumps or anything of that sort, just a small amount of redness. He was convinced from the beginngin it was Herpes, and I had to insist on a blood test for conformation. After my results came back, he wrote on the paper that I was postive for HSV 2, even though my HSV 2 IgG level was below 0.9
I was just wondering what someone else had to say about the matter.
My other question is why does a IgG level below 0.9 mean a negative test result. Why are there any HSV 2 antibodies at all?
I appreciate your help!
has your partner been tested for herpes yet? If not, that's your next step.

You will never get a 0 as a result due to the way they do the test.

Don't hesitate to call your provider monday and discuss with him why he told you you have hsv2 when you have a negative result.  

grace