Herpes Community
Herpes Test Results

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes Test Results

I recently had protected sex with a woman I barely knew. About a week after that I felt itching on my penis, both on the  foreskin and on glans (glands) penis. Then I noticed there was a little fluid there and a foul smell. I should mention here that after I had sex I did not clean my penis and the surrounding area well. Also, I had used a Benzocaine condom.

The fluid never reappeared. But a week after that I noticed this cluster of very small white spots on the foreskin leading up to the penis tip. So I went to see a general physician. He looked at my penis and said that it wasn't herpes since there was no pus. And suggested that it was more my trauma that made me feel there was something wrong.

He then suggested I take blood test and urine test. I took tests 17 days after the contact.

The results came out like this:

a) Antibody to HSV - IgG (ELISA)      Observed values  Negative

(/=16to22Ru/ml Positive )

b) Antibody to HSV IgM (Elisa)          Observed Values 4.41 RU/ml  -> Negative

(/=16to22Ru/ml Positive )

The Doctor told me the results were just fine and I needn't worry. And that there was no need to get tested again.

Today I noticed these small white spots around the rim of my penis. Also, I feel a mild pain in the groin area. Does this look like Herpes?

Do I need to get tested again 3 months from the date of the encounter?

The results for the test:

(/=16to22Ru/ml Positive )

a) Antibody to HSV - IgG (ELISA) Observed values  less than 2 RU/ml so  Negative

/=16to22Ru/ml Positive
I'm sorry but since you aren't in the US, you didn't have testing done that I can comment on. I recommend you try to find a herpes support group near you that has someone knowledgeable on the testing done in your area.

grace
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers