Herpes Community
Herpes Treatment

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes Treatment

I live in the united states but I do not have a medical insurance,,, How I can get a treatment without a medical insurance ?

Please I need help ASAP...

Thank you.
Here is a great link:
http://www.ehow.com/m/how_5193362_see-doctor-health-insurance.html

In order to get treatment you must see a doctor first. Also, ER rooms cannot refuse treatment to you, but herpes or other STDs should be stay away from this method. That is not their specialty at all. How were you diagnosed with herpes to begin with?
I have a recurrent symptoms for HSV but I never tested positive yet.... Cause that I wanna start to take a treatment... I'm very confused. :((
you need a + diagnosis before you can start treatment. if you have active symptoms now, be seen and get a lesion culture and typing done and go from there.

grace
I do not have a lesion now but I have a tingle in genital area even without pass urine. its not burning but its less pain... it happened many times.. Can herpes make prostates problem ?

no, herpes doesn't cause prostate issues.

follow up on symptoms as you have them to try to get a proper diagnosis.
A tingle without lesions isn't likely to be herpes.
The tingle came everytime after the lesion healed... but the lesion looks like a pimple not a blister.....

What do you think ?
We leave diagnosis to doctors in this forum. If you getting lesions, be seen by a doctor right away.

It sounds like you and your partner have been having symptoms but no official diagnosis. Why don't both of you test blood tests to see if you have herpes or not? It's much easier than trying to guess what's going on really.
Oh, and you can always go to the closest planned parenthood (www.plannedparenthood.org) to get checked. They charge affordable prices, as far as I know.
I had a blood work done and came back negative for both HSV... but the symptoms still back and go.
As you probably know by now, blood tests take up to 4 months to become positive. Did u wait 4 months after symptoms to get tested? Did u get a IgG test?

Still, when u get symptoms again, be seen right away. If your blood tests are missing an infection, a swab is able to detect it more certainly. Planned Parenthood can swab lesions and culture them.
Are they need a fluid in the lesion to swab it ?  I tested negative after 4 months by IGG

Thank you.
No they don't need the fluid.  The virus is on the skin.
But I told before they need the fluid to swab it ... Without fluid I will get a false negative....

Does the symptoms outbreak the same every times or different ?

Thank you.
no reason to think this is herpes going on both from your negative blood tests as well as from your description of symptoms.

continue to follow up as needed to get better answers from your providers.
Sorry,

I'm not sure about her result because we borke up... But I think she's a positive for hsv2.

I'm very confused...
Your original posts stated you were female, that you had been diagnosed with herpes, and your boyfriend had symptoms. You wrote:  "I told you I had a positive result by PCR swab for 1 & 2 but my boyfriend tested negative by blood work... HOw come !!!!!!:\  We are together for 2 years but... I tested positive to herpes and he did not... and he wants to leave me cause that .. How come he is negative ?"  and  "Grace,  I called the hotline doctor's office and they were so mad at me but the nurse called me back with this answer for PCR swab test:  HSV1: Detected , HSV2: Detected."

But this week you said, "I have a recurrent symptoms for HSV but I never tested positive yet.... Cause that I wanna start to take a treatment..." and "I had a blood work done and came back negative for both HSV... but the symptoms still back and go."

It all sounds a bit odd and you've asked the same questions over and over.

As Grace said, move on from herpes - you're negative - and find out what's really causing your issues.

Did herpes outbreaks always the same symptoms or change ?

Thank you.
It's time to move on from herpes and work with your provider to find out what is going on.
Grace,

Please read this website and help me to understand... This doctor said Elisa test is not trusted...

http://www.herpes.org/herpesinfo/diagnostictesting.shtml

Thank you
The website you post was written in 2006, and most of his cited work is from the late 90s, early 2000s. Certainly more has been known about hsv since then and you sometimes cannot trust things from the past as over time technology and testing gets better. I have seen Dr. HHH on the expert forum even tell posters that some of his own advice from years ago would not be given in today's day. Your paranoia of herpes has gotten the better of you. Even the site itself claims at the bottom:THIS PAPER WILL BE UPDATED AT PERIODIC INTERVALS AS SCIENTIFIC LITERATURE, APPROVED THERAPIES, AND FEEDBACK FROM USERS OF THIS SITE SUGGEST NEW INFORMATION THAT SHOULD BE CIRCULATED.
HERPES.ORG DOES NOT PURPORT TO ESTABLISH A PHYSICIAN-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP. ALL TREATMENT DECISIONS SHOULD BE MADE BETWEEN A PATIENT AND HIS/HER PRIVATE PHYSICIAN. NO TREATMENTS SHOULD BE ATTEMPTED WITHOUT A FIRM AND CONVINCING DIAGNOSIS OF THE CONDITION BEING TREATED.

As stated above it's time to move on from herpes.

FIRST THING YOU AND ME ARE NOT A DOCTOR SO I WON'T TAKE YOUR OPINION AS A CORRECT OR ADVISE.
BUT AS I KNOW THE ELISA TEST IN THE MARKET SINCE 2000 AND THIS WEBSITE UPDATED IN 2006 SO I THINK IT WAS ENOUGH TIME TO MAKE MORE STUDIES ON THIS TEST. AND AFTER STUDIES IN UK HE SAID THE ELISA TEST NOT A GOOD ONE AND NOT TO BE TRUST FOR FALSE NEGATIVE AND FALSE POSITIVE.
EVEN HERE IF YOU CAN READ MORE POST YOU CAN FIND OUT MAY PEOPLE FOUND OUT THEY HAVE A POSITIVE HERPES TEST AFTER MANY,MANY AND MANY PREVIOUS FALSE NEGATIVE TEST BEFORE, OR EVEN NEGATIVE TEST RESULT AFTER A POSITIVE TEST RESULT, THATS MEAN THIS TEST NEVER GIVE YOU THE SAME RESULT EVERY TIME PLUS SOME FOLKS NEVER TEST POSITIVE EVEN IF THEY HAVE HERPES IN THEIR BODY.....

IT'S NOT MY OPINION BUT THIS IS THE DOCTOR OPINION.

THANK YOU.
no, that website isn't good at all. We never recommend folks to check it out because it's never updated and has erroneous information in it. I didn't comment at all on it because franklinandbash's post pretty much covered my feelings about that site. it was started by a doctor looking to make money and he pretty much abandoned it instead of keeping up on the research to help folks. It pays for itself pretty much with the ads on it.

the elisa tests are what most of the herpes igg blood tests are based on. It's a way of testing, not a particular brand.   nothing wrong with the testing you had done and no real good reason to doubt it.
Thank you Grace so much...
Did you mean we must go with recurrent symptoms not with blood result ?

Why 15% will never test positive by blood test? May be more 15%

Thank you.
Tracey - so as I'm not the only one scratching my head, others may want to read these prior posts to get your story straight.

You stated you were female, and that you tested positive by a swab/culture herpes here:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Herpes/Herpes-or-not/show/1502483

And then somehow you became male and said you had symptoms but never tested positive here in these posts:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Urology/Tingling-and-pain/show/1559785
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Herpes/Herpes-Treatment/show/1558890

Perhaps you have something better to do than waste all of the volunteers time with your stories?
I do not waste time and please do not try to change the above subject...

Grace,

I respect your opinion but I have another question, why did you say this doctor try to make money ?

He did not say all the blood work is bad, he was talking only about Elis(EIA) inaccurate not about Piokit or WB or swab test.

Thank you.
Tracey,

Petal is a well respected volunteer. She did not try to change the subject, she was merely asking you why your posts did not follow up with each other, something I have questioned myself. That aside I will continue to try to help you and your situation. The doctor in the above website has not changed his opinions since 06 which is well over 5 years ago. My personal opinion on medical sites is this: usually a doctor who will not put his full name on a written "medical" paper with works cited over 3 years old can no longer be used for reference. . That usually applies to not only medical doctors, but also university students. I myself am a senior at  Arizona State University, and we are taught to never use sources over two years old for fear of misinformation. As I stated above, as technology and information progress, so do our medical tests    Whenever a site has a Dr. who will not identify himself by name, such as "Dr. H", the volunteers on this site begin to become suspecious, especially when a site like that has ads posted all over it. By all means let Grace respond as you feel she will change your opinion. She definitely has more experience and education in the subject of herpes as you have stated, but I would like to point out that I have never posted in a post where I have not felt  confident in my
opinion.

Sorry for my grammar and spelling mistakes, as I am posting from vacation in San Diego.

Hope all is well.
Thank you but can you show me any a new update after 2006 ....

there is the blood test section in the herpes handbook. have you read that?
really at this point there isn't a lot of reason why you should still be posting here asking herpes questions.  time to move on past the idea of herpes.
Please, can you post the website for me here to let me and other folks read it ?

Thank you.
www.westoverheights.com is the website. it's listed in our read before posting post at the top of the forum.

It's not a free website.
yes it is. the herpes handbook is completely free on that site.
How far to find a cure for herpes ?

Thank you.
no where close to a cure unfortunately :(

we don't have cures for any viral infection out there so far though to help put it in better perspective.
WHy they are very slow to find a cure for herpes ?
Herpes in general gets no where close the attention in terms of other virus's and diseases. This is due to it not being considered a life threatening disease. More time, money and effort is put into cancer, HIV, parkinsons and loads of other problems. These cause serious problems, when herpes is just a minor skin condition. I'm not saying I agree with it at all, but there are worse things someone could have than herpes.
Herpes can effect new born and make it worse too.
Grace,

Can the use culture swab test on rash or they will need for fluid to swab it ?

I have many small pimple in my both legs tights and lower legs ( Small pink dots)

Thank you.
you can pcr anything.

doesn't sound at all like herpes going on.
Can they culture them (Not PCR) even without fluid ?
I told before by the nurse they need to have fluid to swab it... Is that correct ?

Thank you
Grace,

I have a tingle, nerve pain (Buttock down to both legs) for 10 days now (non-stop). develop 2 tiny pimple inner left tight (two different places) and the right tight different flat red or pink dots in different places, In middle of the right tight I developed a pimple yesterday big one, it turned today with a tiny white dot inside it. I squeeze it was painful and buzz out with white fluid but after that the pimple still there and a little bit inflamed.

May you advise...
Thank you.
none of this sounds like herpes. really , just because it's below the belt doesn't mean it's herpes going on.

regular herpes viral cultures require active symptoms with fluid in to culture, pcr doesn't.

I realize you are posting on another forum where folks will give out very wrong information and encourage folks to obsess that they have herpes. Don't let them keep leading you down the wrong road here as to the cause of your symptoms - it's not worth it.  There comes a point where you have to believe your testing and start looking for other causes. You are incredibly unlikely to have genital herpes causing these symptoms. Continue to be seen regularly by a dermatologist at this point to try to get to the bottom of things.

as I've said previously to others here, in over 10 years of being very active on various herpes forums online, out of all the folks who obsess that they have to have herpes despite continued negative blood tests and negative lesion cultures, only 1 or 2 has ended up being confirmed as having herpes eventually. Most others find other causes for their symptoms.  
Grace,

Theses symptoms happened many times nad sometimes came with lymph nodes pain :(
Thank you
I forgot to tell you...  I had a 3 paper cut in the same finger without any reason came with the same time of symptoms above.

Thank you.
none of this new info means much of anything as far as making me reconsider that you might have herpes.

continue to follow up with medical providers as needed for your symptoms.
Do you believe the nerve pain is related to herpes outbreak ?
Thank you.
no I do not.

so many things can cause the pains you are having. sometimes it's even as simple as sitting in an improperly adjusted chair more often than usual combing the net for advice.
I do not have this pain from sitting. All this symptoms happened after sex contact. And you are the first one said you do not believe the nerve pain is related to herpes. I think you will need to read more and research for that cause the HSV lives in the Spinal Cord.

I'm still respect your opinion cause it a free forum to help each other.

Thank you.
Tracey,

Grace clearly does not need to research more on herpes. She is top of the line when it comes to herpes and has done more research and has more knowledge than me or you will ever have in our lifetime. You clearly do not believe the advice given on this board. There is absolutely nothing more this forum can do for you. I personally will not answer anymore of your questions as I believe if you cannot listen to Grace, you surely will not listen to my advice, or anyone who posts on this matter. I would normally tell people who do not follow the advice given on this forum to post to Terri Warren to feel more confident, but I am afraid you would question her and her advice would be exactly what Grace has already told you. I am in no way trying to confront you. The facts are there. It's time to start moving on from herpes. Have you even been officially diagnosed if you have herpes? From your latter posts until now it is very confusing. In fact, after reviewing your latest posts until now, you have gone from being a female who was diagnosed with herpes from a culture test to a male who has diagnosed himself without even seeing your medical provider. By all means you have every right to question the advice given on this forum, but by doing so you make our advice very meaningless and let me be the first to tell you that we can no longer help you. The best thing to do now is to
   Be seen by your provider for your symptoms.
There is nothing more we can say.
No one is the top for anything and all of us need for more update and more knowledge in our life because we are a human plus no one is perfect. That does not mean I do not respect Grace or others but we are here to help each other.

Thank you.
Yes indeed I am aware that herpes lives in the spinal ganglia dear. Your symptoms do not sound like herpes. Your testing is negative according to what you are posting now which definitely is far different from your original posts.

At this point, unless you get a + lesion culture in the genital area, really nothing we can do to help you here.  As was recommended by franklinandbash - by all means pay to post to Terri Warren on her forum if you want further help with your particular situation.
herpes does not cause the kind of pains you are having.
My last question was general not for my symptoms !!!

Thank you.
Heroes can cause nerve pain, but not the pain you are having. So stop looking at herpes as a reason for your symptoms. You are fishing. Tracy have you been officially diagnosed with herpes?!
Frank....
How do you know my symptoms not related to herpes ?  Every one developed a different symptoms and everyone have a different antibody.

Thank you.
Tracey have you even been diagnosed? We can sit here and guess symptoms all day, but until you have officially been diagnosed with herpes should you come back with questions on symptoms. I'm afraid there is nothing more we can do to help you but tell you to see a provider and see what's going on
Can you answer the question? Have you been diagnosed? Then I will correctly answer any questions you have. Until then I'm not going to sit here and explain to you things when you may in fact not have herpes. That would be a complete waste of time for you and myself.
ONe time is positive and the second is Negative... Unclear stupid blood test.
Could you post the results for those tests as well as the type you had done so we can see if you were properly tested and if you may need more? Never assume you have herpes until you get a clear answer.
1st: HSV2  4.6
2nd HSV2: 0.30

Both after 6 months
as we've already told you many times, no reason to think herpes is the cause of your symptoms.

At this point this post is going nowhere since you keep on insisting that you have herpes and everything is due to herpes. Unless you get a + lesion culture, I'm going to ask you to stop asking questions. We've given you more than enough help at this point and I doubt anything we ever say to you is going to make a difference. Also your story has had  many inconsistencies in it and I just don't feel that it's worth our time to keep discussing your situation.

follow up with your medical providers as needed to try to get to the bottom of what is going on. I know it's difficult when you don't have insurance but really nothing else we can do to help you.

grace
Grace,

My first test for HSV 2 was : 4.6  (Positive) and why you told me do not post unless a get a  positive culture !!!!!!

once again you are changing your story. please, if you want help with this, pay to post to Terri Warren.