Herpes/UTI?
I have genital herpes and it seems like everytime I have an outbreak i have a UTI first. My cultures come back positive for bacteria and I treat it. my symptoms (pain, bloody urine, straining) always clear up pretty quickly. Last month I got a kidney stone which I thought might be related to the acyclovir i was taking so I stopped. Within a couple weeks it started happening again. Ive had 2 OBs in 6 weeks, both preceded by what I think is a UTI. Has anybody else had this happen BEFORE an OB? Im at my wits end and I can't keep going back to the doctor, they just continue to throw abx at me. I cant afford the valtrex as i have no insurance, so i have to stick with acyclovir. Is it possible that it could've caused my kidney stone? Im so lost and my doctors arent much help.on a side note, I always have my OB in the exact same spot, and its always just 1 tiny sore. I'd take an OB any day over the UTIs but they always seem to go hand in hand.
did you ever get a proper diagnosis of genital herpes since you last posted?

grace
Not really my doctor didn't see the point in testing me again
well certainly at this point you need to confirm that indeed it is hsv2 that you have.  if your provider isn't willing to pursue this, find a new provider who will pursue this for you!

if you are having bacterial uti's then they aren't caused by herpes.  you can get uti type symptoms with herpes recurrences but you don't get bacterial overgrowth with them.  

as far as I know, acyclovir isn't an increased risk for kidney stones.

Thank you very much grace! I'm calling my doctor tomorrow